the good the bad and the stupid!!

Name and shame the good and bad dealers so people know where to use and where to avoid

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

jaysere
Currently Drives:: renault megane 05 cabrio coupee dymoniqe

the good the bad and the stupid!!

Postby jaysere » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:58 pm

Hi guys had to make this post as my dissapointment in renault has been rectified the story starts here...
bought ren meg cc 1.6 vvt 05 plate from a non ren dealer first day noticed noisey starter took back garage admited fault but didnt know what it was and refused to look any further basicaly drive until it wont drive then the warranty will cover it..
3 times it went back as i wasnt happy.. 3 times i got same result..
wasnt standing for this so took to renault of LEICESTER to ask if i could talk to engineer to see if there was a known fault but as usual i couldnt get past the dumb blonde who seemed to know nothing about cars let alone engine problems and point blank refused to let me talk to any one who knows but i could book in for a diagnoses @ £98+vat.
in my despair i popped my head in to used car dept who imediatly told me the dephaser pully was failing he took me in to service dept (back to dumb blonde)
who then refused to book car in for dephasser pully to be repaired @ my cost as it may not be the problem. I left sales man and dumb blonde arguing.
got home and dived in to yell.com looking for another local dealer and was referd to east goscote renault explained the problem he then enterd my details in to his computer only to tell me that my car had a yellow ocr outstanding and gladly booked in offerd to collect car or suply me with courtesy car i didnt need either so declined they had the car for 2 days and came back to me washed and polished inside and out and problem fixed all free and under renaults warrenty even though this ended a short time ago as my car is feb 05.. so if anyone else is having this problem then talk to a freindly smaller dealer who are happy to help and as for renauly of leicester well maybe they should look at getting someone in that wants to book in some work..or close the doors and stop giving renault a bad name..

andywills
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: 04 Megane 1.6e 16V VVT

Re: the good the bad and the stupid!!

Postby andywills » Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:31 pm

glad you got it sorted jay but you will find that trading standards would not agree with the garage that the warranty is not valid until it wont drive...

here is a nice little quote that if you have any problems again, you might want to use....

I have since contacted trading standards regarding this issue and they have informed me that this defect falls under the “Sale of Goods Act 1979 (amended)”.

This implies that in most consumer contracts the goods provided are of a satisfactory quality (free from minor defects at the time of purchase and that they are durable with respect to potential wear and tear). This is just one of your statutory rights under this law.

Trading Standards have advised me that this means that I may argue that the car has not been of a satisfactory quality under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended). As a result, you would be in breach of contract under that law. Under this breach of contract, I am entitled to a free repair or a like for like replacement
Renault Megané Dynamique 1.6e 16v VVT 2004

Return to “Dealers”