Wigan - Arnold Clark - Not recommended

Name and shame the good and bad dealers so people know where to use and where to avoid

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

chevin
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: Megane 1.6 Dynamique, Comfort Pack/

Wigan - Arnold Clark - Not recommended

Postby chevin » Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:47 pm

Another reason not to buy another Renault.

Dropped car off for service - they forgot to do it ! Subsequently want to charge £ 1700 fro 43 k miles service on nov 03 car.

Where do they get them from....................?

Stranger
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: BMW X1

Re: Wigan - Arnold Clark - Not recommended

Postby Stranger » Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:53 pm

Typical of Arnold Shark :banghead
STOP DEVELOPMENT ON GREEN FIELD SITES! http://www.cpre.org.uk/

andywills
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: 04 Megane 1.6e 16V VVT

Postby andywills » Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:33 pm

what would they do to warrant £1700? obviously the cam belt and water pump would have been done at 5 years to what else would there to be done?
Renault Megané Dynamique 1.6e 16v VVT 2004

IainMW
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatchback. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres on!)

Postby IainMW » Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:13 am

Stay well clear of Arnold Clark in Wigan, a colleague of mine is in the process of taking them through the small claims court for damaging his car whilst it was in for a service, needless to say AC are not admitting any liability and being very nasty about it.

Have you tried Clock Garage at Chorley or a little further out Sutton's Renault at Tarleton? (can highly recommend Suttons)
Make improvements, not excuses!
Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatch. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres fitted!)

chevin
Just Passed

Postby chevin » Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:12 am

Here goes,

Front brake and discs - £ 300 (down to 21.6 mmm from 24 mm )
Rear brakes and discs - £ 300 (down to 7 mm from 8mm - limit is 6.5)
Timing belt - £ 500
Wiring loom - £ 300 (airbag light on dash - I know that this is just the wire being moved under the seat, and its fixed as they've messed about with it!)
Investiagtion into above - £ 70
Service - £ 170

Timing belt was done as dephaser pulley went at 26 k miles - 4 months out of warranty, I've started going to REA in MCR, it was convenient on this occasion to go for the oil change this last week, should have stayed with REA.

I was tempted to ask them if they could scuff up he bumpers when they have finished as they did with my wifes cc two weeks ago.

Attitude of staff is clearly to screw as much money out of punters as they can.

andywills
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: 04 Megane 1.6e 16V VVT

Postby andywills » Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:52 pm

been local dealers this morning and there "fixed" price list says its £422 for timing belt so where did they get £500 from? plus, it only needs doing every 5 years or 72k which-ever is sooner

and a major service (inc. parts, etc.) is £230, just oil and filter change was £80

i'd ring around some other dealers and ask them for the price of their fixed services, and £600 for discs and pads all round is taking the pish
Renault Megané Dynamique 1.6e 16v VVT 2004

chevin
Just Passed

Postby chevin » Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:29 am

Been back again for wife's car which is still in warranty. Seems they could n't be bothered to remove locking wheel nuts (there are n't any) to inspect brakes - so inspected through alloys........I guess you've not inspected the discs then? No.....there's plenty of "width" left in them... was the answer ! Luckily its only done 10 k and not 50 k

mdainty
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: DYNAMIQUE S 1.5 DCi 106ps

Postby mdainty » Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:52 pm

I bought a new car from them last year and might as well have got a job there with the amount of times i was back. Changed my car again a few months back but due to the service at Wigan i headed over to Lookers in Chester. As i live in Wigan, Chester is miles away but boy it was worth dealing with them. Bought a used car from them and a couple of weeks later i noticed that there was some paint damage so i phoned them up and they told me to take the car to them and they will sort it. All sorted now with no problems. Will be heading over to them for all work on the car. First class service.

Return to “Dealers”