JV Like, Dukestown, Tredegar

Name and shame the good and bad dealers so people know where to use and where to avoid

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Stranger
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: BMW X1

JV Like, Dukestown, Tredegar

Postby Stranger » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:17 pm

Wondered if anyone had any experience of this dealer as we're thinking of going there to view an ex demo car that they have?
STOP DEVELOPMENT ON GREEN FIELD SITES! http://www.cpre.org.uk/

Stranger
Site Admin

Re: JV Like, Dukestown, Tredegar

Postby Stranger » Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:01 pm

Been today and, based on the experience that we had and what I saw / heard going on in and around the showroom they are a fine dealership, we were greeted very courteously and made to feel most welcome being offered beverages straight away and asked things such as if we'd a good journey down to the dealership (it was 200+ miles from home), as soon as I mentioned my name the staff knew the arrangements that had been made between the sales person and myself, non of this "so what you here for? Whose supposed to be coming in on their day off to see you?" malarkey, just good, old fashioned customer care.

We dealt with a sales lady called Leanne with whom I'd discussed things by e-mail and over the phone and I cannot praise her enough, she came in on her day off just to meet us and, obviously, hopefully do the deal. Leanne was very genuine and after her and her manager appraised Karen's Modus and Karen and I had been on a test drive in the car that we'd gone to look at, she confirmed that they would indeed offer us the trade in price that had been previously agreed, subject to viewing. This price is £100 below top book but as there was a medium sized stone chip on the bonnet and the one remaining Conti is going to need changing soon that was ok by me. I must mention that this was £500 more than we'd been offered at 2 Toyota garages and there's nowhere near the spec on the Toyota as there is on the Renaults. However, me being the sceptic that I am I did expect the usual "Ooh, ahhh, there's this and that the matter with your trade in" but no, there are still some good ones out there.

Anyway, enough rambling, we're very pleased with J V Like and I'll comment again once we've picked the car up in a few weeks.

IainMW
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatchback. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres on!)

Postby IainMW » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:57 am

Don't keep us in suspense, what car have you bought?
Make improvements, not excuses!
Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatch. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres fitted!)

Stranger
Site Admin

Postby Stranger » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:35 am

Oops sorry :oops: it's a replacement Modus for the one that my OH currently has. A 3 month old Grand Modus 1.5 dCi 86 Dynamique in Ice blue with 3000 miles on the clock at £3.5k off list and I got them to throw in a new set of mats and a full tank of diesel together with the 9 months of RFL left on it.

We're going down to pick it up on Saturday as we've been away on holiday in between.

JezHocking
Currently Drives:: Megane II Dynamique - 1.5 Dci 100

Postby JezHocking » Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:44 pm

Recently purchased my 54 plate Megane 1.5 Dci from JV Like and have nothing but praise for them.....

Travelled up from Cornwall, made to feel very welcome by Leanne (It was only her second ever sale, bless!) Free tea or coffee, never felt rushed. Got a good trade in on my 98 Volvo V70, 12 Months Tax (£35 :rock ) 12 months Warranty, full Renault service history with the last service completed by them and she replaced the plastic door handle surounds which were fractured! (about £150 worth). Did the deal on the Monday and picked up the car Wednesday lunchtime, superbly valeted and half a tank of juice.

Completed and posted V5 in front of me and paperwork arrived with me 4 days later. Even had a coutesy letter follow up a week later to make sure all was ok (they did forget to Frank it so I had to pay the postage but following a phone call to reception I received the postage back the very next day!).

Highly recommended, good range of clean used cars, majority of them with good dealer history. I'd been to 8 other dealers and used sales that day covering 450 miles and they were head and shoulders above.

In fact even if you don't want a car go there anyway cos Leanne, her sales colleague and the receptionist are very easy on the eye :hug so it'll be a great day out anyway.

Hope your Modus works out......

Jez
Megane II Dynamique - 1.5 Dci 100

Stranger
Site Admin

Postby Stranger » Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:59 pm

Cheers Jez, yep the OHs Modus is working out fine. It was the first sale for Leanne on the used cars side, she's does motability during the week but has agreed to help the used car sales out on weekends, so isn't new to the game.

We had the follow up letter and a follow up phone call, which we missed, but then Leanne e-mailed us to check everything was okay, we received the V5 in no time whatsoever. A rare find in todays World an excellent dealership.

smithonthenet

Postby smithonthenet » Wed May 20, 2009 9:15 am

They've gone bust,

Stranger
Site Admin

Postby Stranger » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:09 am

That's a shame, these times are hard although it's especially irritating when a good dealership bites the dust. The poor ones are the ones likely to survive because they don't treat their customers well, some may say 'go that extra mile' but I think that when you're getting a service from seomeone that service should be top notch.

R.I.P. JV Like

Return to “Dealers”