Renault Cardiff *Shamed*

Name and shame the good and bad dealers so people know where to use and where to avoid

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

DaleR

Renault Cardiff *Shamed*

Postby DaleR » Fri May 02, 2008 8:10 pm

Took my megane in there as the sat nav wont work, they said that someones fitted a handsfree kit and damaged the GPS cable,
I was scepticle of this as the sat nav worked 6 months after the kit was fitted and also some options stopped working on the head unit totally not GPS signal related, so took the unit out when I got home and renault had yanked the radio out and broken the GPS cable, so I had a new plug fitted and this obviously didnt fix the problem, I took the car back in today and carefully put some tape around different places of the radio, GPS cable etc, then they gave me the same old story again, check the unit when I got home and they have broken the cable AGAIN and want me to pay circa £600 for a new cable even though that wont fix it as i've tried an external GPS antenna plugged into the radio and it still has no signal.

I mentioned that i'd put tape on bits of the radio so I can see what they have yanked out etc, then the guy there said I was calling him a liar!, and said if I dont trust them then to never walk in their showroom again.

I'm furious so have taken advice from trading standard, my solicitor and even sent watchdog a e-mail (god knows if that will do any good)

Also the car is 9 months old and it was covered in scratches from the bottom of the bumper all the way up the bonnet, like dirty oily marks as well. this definatly wasn't on the car when I took it in as I hand washed it earlier in the day, and they also didnt make any note of this on the report, only documented the small parking dent on the rear arch.

Bumpy macaroon
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: a megane.................doh

Re: Renault Cardiff *Shamed*

Postby Bumpy macaroon » Sun May 04, 2008 9:02 am

have you spoken to renault UK, i would hope that they would be interested to hear one of their franchises are acting like W anchors
Bumpy and full of coconuts.
05 1.4 Otto blue Rush Mods: Keyed by some B*%"£~!, interior LEDs
57 106 dci Silver Dynamique Mods: Daughters first baby adidas trainers, Interior LEDs, self made MP3 adaptor

Return to “Dealers”