Renault Manchester / Reagroup

Name and shame the good and bad dealers so people know where to use and where to avoid

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

YoungTurk

Renault Manchester / Reagroup

Postby YoungTurk » Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:21 pm

One good Renault dealer is Renault Manchester/Reagroup (Trinity Way, Salford). I and my family bought 7 cars from this dealer in as many years! They always managed to give us the best deals.

The showroom is modern and houses many different models to view. The salesmen are well informed and very polite (most seem to keep their jobs longer than usual so you get to know them over the years). The aftersales is not perfect but perhaps better than average in my opinion.

Here is an example: On one ocassion during a scheduled service they indicated that my front break pads needed changing soon. Later when I took the car back for the pads to be replaced they said that they had made a mistake and that they were only 55% worn! I was not pleased as I had taken time off work. They offered me 20% discount on my next service without any fuss. Little things like this matter...

Jimbo86
Passed Theory

Postby Jimbo86 » Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:08 pm

They look very professional when I was looking at Meganes/Scenics for both me and my mum, a HUGE improvement on Citroen.

Will most likely be using them if I get a glitch/service as I go to MMU in Manchester.
Megane II - 1.4 16v Dynamique 5dr - 2004 (UK
Scenic II - 1.4 16V Dynamique - 2004 (UK)
Scenic II - 1.5 dCi 86bhp Latitude - 2008 (France)

Jimbo86
Passed Theory

Postby Jimbo86 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:06 pm

Just a heads up, mums Scenic flashed up 'Low Battery' late last week, took it to Renault Manchester who then wanted £120 for a battery!!! Went to the local independent garage round the corner from us, quoting £60 for a battery, then to find out it doesnt even need a new battery and it was just a loose battery connection

So Renault Manchester were trying to screw us out of £120 for something the car didn't even need! Tut tut!

Filed a complaint with Renault UK and Reagroup Dealer services, doubt anything will come of it but they should be notified that one of there main dealers are screwing customers.
Megane II - 1.4 16v Dynamique 5dr - 2004 (UK
Scenic II - 1.4 16V Dynamique - 2004 (UK)
Scenic II - 1.5 dCi 86bhp Latitude - 2008 (France)

Return to “Dealers”