ARNOLD CLARK ARE W******

Name and shame the good and bad dealers so people know where to use and where to avoid

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

chris2008
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: megane 1.5 expression dci

ARNOLD CLARK ARE W******

Postby chris2008 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:11 pm

i advise not to but from arnold clark,

i sent them a letter today regarding my steering lock not locking and engine fan always on, i got a reply today stating that they aint gonna do anythink about it because ive had the car over 9 months, what a cheek you dont pay £5495 for a car to fuk up, trading standards are investigating now, SO DONT BUY FROM ARNOLD CLARK

chevin
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: Megane 1.6 Dynamique, Comfort Pack/

Re: ARNOLD CLARK ARE W******

Postby chevin » Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:50 am

Chris,

I'm sure we can all fill in the *****, the common perception on this forum is that AC have little care for their customers and border on incompetence - clearly the organisation culture is such right down from Scotland to the NW England.

I for one hope my local stealership goes out of business. They are one of the main reasons I wil never buy another Renault.....as well as the cars fall to bits and make Alfa's look reliable........!

chris2008
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: megane 1.5 expression dci

Postby chris2008 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:50 pm

tell me about it, the sales guy when i brought the car was good but soon as you hand over the cash thats it, soon as you have a fault they dont want to know,
they told me mr thompson 2.5 million people buy from us every year and are happy with there car and have not trouble, i asked the general manager tell me how many people bring the cars back with faults i bet you thats more than 2.5 million you dont tell people that do you,

i booked my car in for a service at four ashes renault (wolverhampton) £175 + vat for a full service they guy said he will fit my coolant sensor when doing service for free saves me £50 thats what renault wanted, thats what you call good customer service,

the point is ARNOLD CLARK ARE FULL OF sh1t THEY WILL TELL YOU WHAT YOU WANT TO HEAR THEY DONT GIVE A sh1t AFTER WALK OUT THAT DOOR WITH YOUR NEW CAR

DONT BUY FROM ARNOLD CLARK

chevin
Just Passed

Postby chevin » Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:00 pm

Chris, booked car in with AC for a service, went to pick it up and......they've forgot to do it....!!!!
(so why did n't they phone me to ask where it/I was.....?)

Starman
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: Proton 1.6 Lxi Wira

Postby Starman » Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:40 pm

That's a worry...
The car I bought has full Renault service history, but by an Arnold Clark!!! Coinsidence that my aircon isn't working???? :roll: Shame really because everything else with the car seem fine!! :)

LiamG
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane 120 DCi Dynamique

Postby LiamG » Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:31 pm

I bought mine from Arnold Clark at Winsford. To be honest everything ive told them is wrong they have fixed with no questions asked (still in the 3 month warranty). The only thing i can say negative is they did a 'check' on the car to make sure everything is correct before i bought it, got paperwork saying it had been done (similar to an MOT i suppose) but the horn doesnt work.... :hm

Maybe i just got a good dealership
Megane II 5dr 1.9 DCi 120 Dynamique in Yellow (yes yellow like the renaultsports) - Now Sold :(

tintin
Currently Drives:: Meganesport 175 dci, Remapped to 233bhp (phase II)

Postby tintin » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:22 pm

There is a site on net call "Arnold Shark", Its a site with over 1million complaints about a simular sounding car dealership.........

chevin
Just Passed

Postby chevin » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:29 pm

Had call from local AC dealership as its my MOT soon (it was last month) - and should they book me in ?

"Unfortunately not" I said - they asked "Why?"

" The poor serviced offered by AC"........"Oh" she said and put the phone down.............

I rest my case.

Return to “Dealers”