FALSE ADVERTISING, ARNOLD CLARK

Name and shame the good and bad dealers so people know where to use and where to avoid

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

chris2008
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: megane 1.5 expression dci

FALSE ADVERTISING, ARNOLD CLARK

Postby chris2008 » Thu May 21, 2009 11:23 pm

hi, i brought my car on the 12th septemeber 2008 from arnold clark (megane 1.5dci 100 expression 2005) it stated in the specification list (wich i still have) that it had an alarm fitted. RENAULT told me today that my model does NOT have an alarm fitted, its been 8months now since i have had the car and just found this out, the only reason i brought the car was becuase if the security and safty and i wanted a car with an alarm,, ive emailed consumers direct about this because to me this is false advertising , you guys got any advice?

chris2008
Just Passed

Re: FALSE ADVERTISING, ARNOLD CLARK

Postby chris2008 » Fri May 22, 2009 7:11 am

freddymercurystwin wrote:Consumer Direct will see you alright, don't **** about emailing though, ring'em up, they're very helpful, they'll even dictate the legaleagle type letters for you if your lucky and you ask nicely if you need to resort to that, they'll open a case file and record the progress of any claim you may be able to make so each time you call you won't have to explain everything again. Having said all that, the Meganes have pretty good security even without the alarms (one of the reasons they're low insurance group ;) ) (unless your regulator goes and the window drops! :D ) and (no offence) but a 1.5dci won't be particularaly high up the list on your average car thief's list. Who pays attention to car alarms anyway? Out of interest as far as I know the sure way of telling whether you've got an alarm is to check if you've got the ultrasonic sensors fitted on the side panels inside above the boot.

do you think im being over the top or do you think i have rights to complain?,

pocket
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: Mineral Blue Megane GT dCi 150

Postby pocket » Fri May 22, 2009 10:41 am

you should deffo complain. Have you been back to the dealer yet?
Mineral Blue Megane GT 2.0 dCi 150
Cabasse 4x40w with 6 disk changer, Pioneer TS-Q131C speakers, Kenwood KSC-SW10 sub.

chris2008
Just Passed

Postby chris2008 » Fri May 22, 2009 6:12 pm

pocket wrote:you should deffo complain. Have you been back to the dealer yet?

i reckon they will say you have ticked the alarm box yourself, if that was the case i would of ticked alloy wheels,

this is the letter im sending

Sam Falconer
Arnold Clark
Motor Village
Millennium Park
New Swan Lane
West Bromwich
B70 0NR

Dear Sam Falconer,

Sale of Goods Act 1979: If consumers discover that products do not meet these requirements they can reject them and ask for their money back providing they do so quickly. Alternatively, they can request a repair or replacement or claim compensation. Aspects of quality include: not as described, fitness for purpose, freedom from minor defects, appearance and finish, also a reasonable condition at the time of sale and stay like that for a reasonable length of time.

On 12th September 2008 I part exchanged my Mini One for a Renault Megane registration ‘**05 ***’ from Arnold Clark (West Bromwich), at a value of £5495, which I have recently found NOT to be as described in the specification profile (witch I still obtain) when the vehicle was sold/advertised at the West Bromwich branch.

The specification profile stated:
The Vehicle is fitted with an alarm

I am making a written complaint to you (Sam Falconer General Manager) because of false advertising of the sale. One of reason I brought the vehicle that it had excellent security and safety features
I have contacted Renault who has confirmed that the above vehicle does NOT have an alarm fitted.
I have enclosed a copy of the specification profile for your knowledge.
I therefore wish to reject the goods and claim a replacement.

Please respond to my complaint within 14 days from receipt of this letter. I am acting on advice from Consumer Direct. If I do not receive a satisfactory reply within this time, I will be seeking to make a formal complaint to Trading Standards to be investigated on my behalf.

Yours faithfully
Mr. C M Thompson

dougieCC
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Renault megane CC 1.6

Postby dougieCC » Fri May 22, 2009 7:14 pm

Good letter, and good luck. Did Renault say why yours hasn't got an alarm, I was told my CC was an import.

Alan
Megane CC 1.6vvt and 1.4 clio

chris2008
Just Passed

Postby chris2008 » Fri May 22, 2009 8:09 pm

dougieCC wrote:Good letter, and good luck. Did Renault say why yours hasn't got an alarm, I was told my CC was an import.

Alan

yea they said that the expression's dont have them fitted, i guess its a option when buying the car brand new, im waiting on a email from renault so i can print off what the car has and what it dont havejust to put in with the letter so they cant fob me off, I HATE ARNOLD CLARK,

Return to “Dealers”