Taylors of Great Dunmow

Name and shame the good and bad dealers so people know where to use and where to avoid

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

dougieCC
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Renault megane CC 1.6

Taylors of Great Dunmow

Postby dougieCC » Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:02 pm

Got a quote last week for Timing belt and dephasor pully...got call the next day £386.00...thought bargin had it booked in today to check the items needed doing.

At 5pm got a call stated yes it needed doing asked them could the water pump be done, quote came to over £750 could not believe it, i said that the original quote was for £386...Taylors said that i had been quoted for belt only, I said I had voicemail stating dephaser pully aswell , excuse was that it was a mistake. Eventually got 10% off so now paying £703. Thats everything including belts, tensioners, core plugs dephaser pully, and coolant.

Is this a good price ??

Alan
Megane CC 1.6vvt and 1.4 clio

dougieCC
Advanced Driver

Re: Taylors of Great Dunmow

Postby dougieCC » Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:04 pm

Would have done, but they had stripped car down and found the waterpump had a slight leak. After the work done will be looking for somewhere else in the essex area.

Alan

dougieCC
Advanced Driver

Postby dougieCC » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:23 pm

Got the car back, final bill, £640...so better but not great......lets see how it starts in the morning.

Alan

dougieCC
Advanced Driver

Postby dougieCC » Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:28 pm

Well had the car back for a couple of weeks now, nd twice the revs have dropped on starting, not as severe but still present. Contacted Renault UK today re helping towards cost even though out of warranty.....,was told where to go, when I said two dealers say its a common problem, I was told that was the first they had heard of it, when I mentioned knowing several other people with the problem and mentioned on several websites, again denied it. When I mentioned is it possible my car is yellow listed, she paused and said mine is an import, so wouldnt count re the yellow list.

Several minutes of arguing was basically told to get lost.

However im not giving up yet, so was thinking has anyone drawn up a list with all our cars effected year milage service history etc, and taking this further.

Alan

faffer
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: Qashqai, Alfa Ph2 Spider & company Octavia

Postby faffer » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:41 am

How bizarre!
I'd recently found Taylors after being disappointed by my local Renault dealer. I now have had three different jobs done on my Laguna and am more than happy with them. Dave

Return to “Dealers”