Lifestyle Tunbridge Wells, BAG OF BO11OCKS!

Name and shame the good and bad dealers so people know where to use and where to avoid

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

therock112
Currently Drives:: Silver Megane 225 LUX

Lifestyle Tunbridge Wells, BAG OF BO11OCKS!

Postby therock112 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:41 pm

I turned up at Lifestlye at around 1000 after leaving Germany at 0300 to catch the Calais to Dover ferry and then via Maidstone DVLA to register my Focus. After being served and made a cup of coffee I sat patiently for over an hour with a couple of guys coming out to inform me that my brand new megane 225 LUX had been damaged in transit with two big dents on the roof.

After being told there was nothing they could do they offered me two things.
1) Go back to Germany and they will deliver the Megane (repaired) and take the Focus, all paid for.
2) Take the Megane, then get a quote at a repair shop and we will pay it.

Obvously I didnt travel all that way just to turn around empty handed, so i took my brand new damaged megane, but only after insisting to them that I had already paid my £250 deposit which several phone calls later confirmed I had!!!

Once back out in Germany I got a quote at my local repairshop, this time for Lifestyle to turn around and say it was too expensive and I must return to them for the repair. As I was returning to the UK on leave anyway I dropped the car off and picked it up a week later, finally fixed, albeit with a tiny mark still visible, which after speaking with one of the managers was told "It's going to lose value anyway due to marks etc and I put £10 worth of fuel in it!" Well blow me, I had to fill the hire car back up before I handed it in, nearly £30 quid's worth!

What a complete bunch of pricks, would not recommend them to my worst enemy.

Return to “Dealers”