megane II ecu remap and chip

Info on parts and accessories for the Mégane II, what to use and where to buy them.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

lucky_lad
Currently Drives:: megane II 1.4 16v extreme

megane II ecu remap and chip

Postby lucky_lad » Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:09 pm

does anyone know wot type of chip i need for a 1.4 megane extreme? and where i can get it done?

Andy_CC
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: Megane CC and Nissan Navara Avantura

Re: megane II ecu remap and chip

Postby Andy_CC » Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:54 pm

Isnt really worth it, if thats all your going to do on a 1.4, you will gain 10bhp (approx 10% increase on a non turbo`d engine, so if your cars got 70bhp its 7 bhp, if its a 100bhp then its 10bhp) if your luckly for approx £300! Its petrol turbos and diesel turbos that see a BIG gain from a remap normally bewteen a 30% - 40% increase in power.

Ive just had my Navara remapped, which is 2.5 DCI engine, power has gone from 175bhp to 215 bhp!!

if you did it to your car, performance wise you wouldnt really notice it, the car would pull better, if that, but it wouldnt make any real noticable difference, but if you did other mods first, like induction kit, exhaust etc.. then a remap that will bring it all together nicely and work better.

I used to have a VTS saxo, 120bhp standard, I had pipercross viper induction kit, decat, full exhaust, 4-1 manifold and a remap, power on the rollers was 158bhp!! 8-)
07 Megane CC 1.6 Dynamique and Nissan Navara Avantura with 215 bhp and 480n/m Torque wooohooooo!!!!

Return to “Parts and Accessories”