iPod link to Megane

Info on parts and accessories for the Mégane II, what to use and where to buy them.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Ad4m
Currently Drives:: 1.6 Megane 08

iPod link to Megane

Postby Ad4m » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:35 am

Hi there,

i was wondering what is the easiest and cheapest way to link an iPod to the megane, i have a relatively low budget, say £20, and dont want to be spending something like £80 on some of the kits ive seen on ebay.

would something like:
https://www.play.com/Electronics/Electro ... duct.html#

Be any good? If anyone has found a way to link it properly please tell :)

Matt_Cardiff

Re: iPod link to Megane

Postby Matt_Cardiff » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:24 pm

Personally I found products like this poor quality. I know you said you had a low budget, but what i've just done you may want to consider. I bought a Kenwood CD player which allows USB connection into the back of the system, and I ran the other end of the wire into my glove box. I put my ipod touch on shuffle, plug it in and close the glove box - and no visible wires!

I paid £109 for my system, but it was a good quality one and i'm positive that you could get a much cheaper version which would do the same job with USB connection.

Ad4m

Postby Ad4m » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:36 pm

My megane has a usb cable already in the glove box, if i bought a usb cable with 3.5mm jack on the end, could i not just plug that into the top of the ipod where the speakers would be? I wouldnt be able to change songs on the cars controls, but would it play whats on the ipod?

nickbell69
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: megane 1.9dci priv 53

Postby nickbell69 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:54 pm

I've just fitted one of these. Have to say it is working great. I have the control wheel above the handbrake and display is just above glove box with all wiring hidden behind dash and glovebox and ipod and main unit in glove box.
Have to say i had one of those transmitters you are looking at and it was fine sound wise, i just wanted something i could control easier when driving and is ready to roll when i get in car. I'll take pics this weekend and try and post them.

https://svp.co.uk/product/harmon_kardon_ ... _gradea096

Ad4m

Postby Ad4m » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:03 pm

cheers mate, i'll look into getting one of these.

Andy_CC
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: Megane CC and Nissan Navara Avantura

Postby Andy_CC » Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:41 am

I have the same harman kardon ipod connection in my navara, and have to say im very pleased with it, esp when it cost me £25 brand new plus delivery on ebay!!

07 Megane CC 1.6 Dynamique and Nissan Navara Avantura with 215 bhp and 480n/m Torque wooohooooo!!!!

Return to “Parts and Accessories”