Replacement Dampers

Info on parts and accessories for the Mégane II, what to use and where to buy them.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

meganeboy
Pass Plus

Replacement Dampers

Postby meganeboy » Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:08 pm

Hi,

I'm thinking of replacing the dampers on my Megane 2005 saloon model. I was thinking of buying Monroe dampers. Does anyone have other suggestions of good quality dampers? What else should I change beside them? Ball joints, etc?

I live in Malta where our streets are a bit $hitty with lots of potholes etc, so quite a lot of wear and tear on suspension parts.

Thanks for the advice.
Cheers
Meg2 Sedan, 1.6VVT, Hologram Grey, Climate Control, 16" alloys, Pioneer DEH-P6900IB, JBL GTO527, Pioneer TS-Q131-C, Osram Silverstar, NGK Iridium plugs

Paddy
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane Saloon 2.0 VVT Dynamique

Re: Replacement Dampers

Postby Paddy » Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:21 pm

I own Koni springs... which i must say are great.. for being so low they give a great ride.. I am going to pair them with their dampers when it comes to the new year. I have read many reviews all of wich give them top marks.

any other mods to ur saloon?

Regards

P

hadzry
Passed Theory

Re: Replacement Dampers

Postby hadzry » Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:48 am

meganeboy wrote:Hi,

I'm thinking of replacing the dampers on my Megane 2005 saloon model. I was thinking of buying Monroe dampers. Does anyone have other suggestions of good quality dampers? What else should I change beside them? Ball joints, etc?

I live in Malta where our streets are a bit $hitty with lots of potholes etc, so quite a lot of wear and tear on suspension parts.

Thanks for the advice.
Cheers

monroe has dampers for renault..?
i would suggest koni fsd..
not bad for handling..
good for bumpy roads..
(dont know about potholes) :-)

Return to “Parts and Accessories”