Height Adjustable handle on drivers seat snapped off!

Info on parts and accessories for the Mégane II, what to use and where to buy them.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

steenson26
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane Dynamique 1.4 16v

Height Adjustable handle on drivers seat snapped off!

Postby steenson26 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:56 pm

I have a 3 door megane Dynamique 1.4 16v. The driver's seat has a height adjustable handle. The metal handle has been bent back and forth a number of times, from me getting in and out of the car and catching it on my leg! Today it has broken off. Has this happened to anyone else and if so how did they go about fixing/replacing. ie can the handle be replaced or would the whole seat need replaced?

Many thanks

Paul

davidloveshismeg
Passed Theory

Re: Height Adjustable handle on drivers seat snapped off!

Postby davidloveshismeg » Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:04 pm

Hey There,

I have the same problem, took a look at it a couple of weeks ago and removed the plastic covering round the seat. Looks like a fiddly job so I havnt had a go at replacing it yet. I have looked at parts from ebay and a breaker will only charge a tenner or so for the new handle plus you will need a new retaining washer from an autostore at like 20p! If you have a stab at it then let me know how you get on!

Dave

steenson26
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane Dynamique 1.4 16v

Postby steenson26 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:43 am

Cheers Dave, I thought it was just a case of me and my clumsy legs! It is obviously another one of the added extras that the Megane come with, ooops I meant design faults! If I have a go at replacing it I will let you know.

Paul

(Your car is the exact same model and colour as mine!)

mcfluffle
Currently Drives:: 03 Megane 1.9DCi Dynamique

Postby mcfluffle » Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:23 pm

Hi
I keep getting caught on my lever too when getting out of the car, it's kinda sticking out now just hope it doesn't break off!!

Return to “Parts and Accessories”