beru ignition coils

Info on parts and accessories for the Mégane II, what to use and where to buy them.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Ozzy82
Learner Driver

beru ignition coils

Postby Ozzy82 » Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:37 pm

After reading some posts about the problems a 1.6vvt can i have, i am gonna clean the throttle body and change the coils. will these be ok for my car?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RENAULT-CLIO-MEGANE-1-4-1-6-2-0-16V-IGNITION-COIL-BERU_W0QQitemZ250214459216QQihZ015QQcategoryZ10410QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQ_trksidZp1638.m118.l1247QQcmdZViewItem

also is it easy to clean the throttle body? i am a novice when it comes to car engines! any tips/advice or links to helpful posts are welcome...
1.6 VVT Dynamique, 2003, Ottoman Blue, Panoramic Sunroof, Auto lights/wipers, Pioneer TS-Q131c, Shinyautos.com Blue LED interior lighting, ITG filter, HID Lights (Cheers Andy!!)

snowy
Just Passed

Postby snowy » Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:41 am

throttle body is dead easy mate. find your airbox, take the pipe from it to the throttle body off, its just held on by 2 jubillee clips.
the throttle body is held on with 4 10mm bolts , which are easy to get off with a 4" extension bar. there is an electrical clip on the throttle body which i didnt disconnect. now that its off you just open the flap and remove any 'film' thats deposited itself around where the flap comes into contact with the insideof the throttle body.
when i did mine i expected to find loads of muck in there, but there was only a fine film of greasy tar which took a while to clean off.
even though there was only a little muck in there, when it was cleaned it did run smoother , and start better.
good luck.

Ozzy82
Learner Driver

Postby Ozzy82 » Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:28 pm

cheers for that snowy, i will have a go in a minute! can anybody help with pictures of under the bonnet so i know exactly what to look for??
1.6 VVT Dynamique, 2003, Ottoman Blue, Panoramic Sunroof, Auto lights/wipers, Pioneer TS-Q131c, Shinyautos.com Blue LED interior lighting, ITG filter, HID Lights (Cheers Andy!!)

Return to “Parts and Accessories”