Megane II 2.0 manual response and acceleration

Info on parts and accessories for the Mégane II, what to use and where to buy them.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

speedy_glz
Passed Theory

Megane II 2.0 manual response and acceleration

Postby speedy_glz » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:50 pm

I've read the similar topic (about the 1.6 Megane) and I have the same problem/question.

The few times I took the road with my Megy, I didn't liked the tranny performance. I found the 2nd and 5th gear so poor, I mean, the gear ratio its too short.

I was reading about the car performance and that it should take the 100 km/hr in about 13-15 secs, but mine, :cry: , it takes like 30 secs.

And another issue with this, and if anyone can clear my doubt, its about the engine performance at high speed. I was testing my Meg and see what was the max speed it can reach, it only could get 140 km/hr, the engine was about 3500-3700 rpm and it sounded like it was doing a REALLY great effort.

Is it normal?? I ask because I have seen the my friends cars (VW, Nissan, Mitsubishi, Honda) and they can reach 140 and the engine goes about 3000 rpm and sounds like it was at 2000 rpm and the engine has not to do an extra effort to reach higher speed

Please help, cause Im getting disappointed of my Meg
:cry:
2005 Megane II Dynamique, hatch Capsicum Red, 2.0 Lts engine, solar sunroof, 17" alloy wheels, 6 gear trans

AlexB
Driving Legend
Currently Drives:: Renaultsport R.S.250 Cup

Postby AlexB » Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:46 pm

It is supposed to do 0-100 km/h in 9.2 seconds... unless it is still in the break-in mode.
AlexB
(no, a different AlexB)

speedy_glz
Passed Theory

Postby speedy_glz » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:49 pm

What is the Brake-in mode???

dos it has to be something about the ECU and the engine map??
2005 Megane II Dynamique, hatch Capsicum Red, 2.0 Lts engine, solar sunroof, 17" alloy wheels, 6 gear trans

Return to “Parts and Accessories”