Service from Reanult Dealership or Garage

Info on parts and accessories for the Mégane II, what to use and where to buy them.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

DaveExtreme
Learner Driver

Service from Reanult Dealership or Garage

Postby DaveExtreme » Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:47 am

Hi,
My Megane is up for service, the car is no longer in waranty and has only done 22k miles. Renault have told me it's going to cost £200, im well skint. I have phoned another garage (not a Renault dealership) and they said I will be looking at £100 to £120 which is more in my price range. What i wanted to know was if I sell the car, which I am due to do, would I get less money back because the service history is from a non dealership?

Cheers

Stranger
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: BMW X1

Postby Stranger » Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:33 pm

As long as they are a reputable garage and can stamp your service book I can't see it being a problem. In fact so long as a garage is VAT registered and they adhere to the Renault service policy/ies you don't even have to have it done at a main dealer whilst it's under warranty.

Any work done on my current car (still in warranty), and the one before, is done by a non franchised authorised garage rather than at the dealer, I do believe that it actually costs me a little bit more but the level of service and detail of the work that they do is superb whereas I have heard real horror stories about my nearest dealer. It's also not much farther to this garage than it is to the dealers and the receptionist there makes a fine brew :D
STOP DEVELOPMENT ON GREEN FIELD SITES! http://www.cpre.org.uk/

steben69
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: Renault Grand Scenic,DCI100,Dynamique,glass roof,tinted windows,cotton green airfilter...not really done much with it yet...

Postby steben69 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:28 pm

Hi,mines due a 36,000 mile service quite soon,i'm also wondering if i'm to take it too Renault or not,but if i don't,would i trust my local garage to carry out the proper service... :roll:
1.5DCI,window tints,rear spoiler,17"Nervasport alloy wheels,falken452 tyres,K-Tec tinning box....

Return to “Parts and Accessories”