Aircon retrofit

Info on parts and accessories for the Mégane II, what to use and where to buy them.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

ashmicro

Aircon retrofit

Postby ashmicro » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:39 pm

Hi all

I'd like to retrofit aircon to a 2003 Scenic II, Authentique 1.4.

What parts would I need?

Is it reasonably feasible?

Thanks in advance!

IainMW
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatchback. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres on!)

Postby IainMW » Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:58 pm

It possibly is feasible, but will cost you a fortune in money and time, unless you can source the parts from a salvage yard?

IMHO, the money you would have to spend on this project could be put towards a newer Scenic that already has Air Con as standard.
Make improvements, not excuses!
Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatch. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres fitted!)

cactusbob
Advanced Driver

Postby cactusbob » Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:40 am

The problem with the Megane II and the Scenic II is that virtually everything wiring related goes through multiplexers. Retrofitting aircon would not be an easy job, you would need all the electrical gear, the aircon tubing, the heat exchange bits, the aircon pump and all the associated fittings. Even if all that was fitted correctly you may find that it still doesn't work due to perhaps not being enabled in the computer.

Summer is ending now, just open the windows and get a new Scenic with aircon in the spring :lol:
225 5dr FF + Xenons
http://www.meganesport.net

ashmicro

Postby ashmicro » Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:05 am

Thanks chaps for the swift replies. Actually, I was hoping you might say what you did! It's my sister's car, and I don't really fancy the job much.

Greatly appreciated

cactusbob
Advanced Driver

Postby cactusbob » Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:38 pm

In that case then consider yourself well and truly off the hook :lol:
225 5dr FF + Xenons

http://www.meganesport.net

Return to “Parts and Accessories”