Tyres

Info on parts and accessories for the Mégane II, what to use and where to buy them.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Jonault
Advanced Driver

Tyres

Postby Jonault » Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:08 am

I stumbled across this website recently:

http://www.camskill.co.uk/

There are a few good deals on 17" Toyo tyres for the more sporty Megane owner.
1.4 Hatch, Ottoman Blue, 55 Reg, Dynamique

Basenji
Rally Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane 2 hb

Postby Basenji » Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:02 pm

Good for aquaplaning?
Zdrówko :(
Meggie slightly customized http://pl.youtube.com/watch?v=aD_K0VbKYGs

andrew_s46

Postby andrew_s46 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:02 pm

Toyo are pretty good tyres.

i have had them on a few cars, although not the megane yet.
very good performance wet and dry, made of soft rubber though so wear pretty quick.

theres a german tyre site that review tyres and toyo seem to come out on top or in top 5 over and over again.

quality tyre!

IainMW
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatchback. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres on!)

Postby IainMW » Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:19 pm

If you want to aquaplane in a Megane fit some Goodyear Eagle NCT5's :td

These have to be the worst tyres I have ever had on a car in 17 years of motoring, they are truely scary in the wet! :poop
I can slide round corners in the wet with out even trying. The wife will not drive the car when it's raining.

In the dry they are fine, and they are wearing well, I've done 19500 miles and I've still got 4- 4.5mm on each tyre. I'm desperate to change them but have just not got the cash to do so at the moment :(

I'm always on a budget and I've been looking at Marshal KH35's (made by Kumho) They came 3rd in a recent Auto Express survey https://www.marshaltyre.co.uk/

https://www.valuetyres.co.uk have got them at a very good price fitted.
Make improvements, not excuses!
Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatch. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres fitted!)

ICEMAN
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane II 1.5DCi + Lexus RX 300

Postby ICEMAN » Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:38 pm

i made the mistake of buying sum budget avon's.....not only do you slide out at around 30 mph, but the tyres have warped out of shape due to the excessive heat.

so the problem of a shaking sterring wheel did not end up being the balancing or of line, it was the tyres that had morphed in to an omlett shapped wangle!!!!

:x
Black Megane - Black Tints - Black 18" Rims with Chrome - Angel Eyes - Shark Fin - Tail Fins - Kenwood DNX7200 - ipod Video -Hertz Space 6.5" Components - PG Ti500.4 - MTX 9544-15" Sub - Orion D5000 - Audison Cabling - Optima Power = NICE

Jimbo86
Passed Theory

Postby Jimbo86 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:11 pm

Just ordered 4 Toyo CF1 tyres from blackcircles for £256 fitted, not too shabby to be honest.

Shockman has these on his car too i think, be interesting to see how they compare to the Continetal Prem Contact that came on my car, 20500 and there worn out :(
Megane II - 1.4 16v Dynamique 5dr - 2004 (UK
Scenic II - 1.4 16V Dynamique - 2004 (UK)
Scenic II - 1.5 dCi 86bhp Latitude - 2008 (France)

TheFinn
Advanced Driver

Postby TheFinn » Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:07 pm

My Mégane had some brand new Aurora K109 tyres fitted by the dealer to replace the worn-out originals when I bought it. Talking about bad grip in the wet! :(

The lateral grip is about adequate, but longitudinal grip is something I've never come across. I usually get away from traffic lights like a grandad on tranquilisers, but still occasionally get the traction control warning light flashing on the dash! :roll:

But the tyres are new and I might be moving to +2" wheels next year anyway so these may do for now...

Return to “Parts and Accessories”