Roof rack needed

Info on parts and accessories for the Mégane II, what to use and where to buy them.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

MidlandDan
Passed Theory

Roof rack needed

Postby MidlandDan » Thu May 10, 2007 8:04 am

Hi all,

Im after a roofrack and box for my 2005 Megane with a sunroof, anybody have any recommendations? Is it worth getting the Roof bars from Renault?

Also can you get the roof bars that run from front to back, not across the roof,(sorry if that doesnt make sense) from Renault or anyone else?

Any help appreciated

Gav
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Sport Tourer, 1.5 dCi 106

Postby Gav » Thu May 10, 2007 10:01 am

I'd recommend The Roof Box Company. I used them last year (before I got the Megane) for Thule bars and box for our 307. Since we've now got an estate we don't need to use the box (although in the future I expect we will - children seem to require mountains of things for short holidays). Our Tourer has bars already (lovely satin chrome!), so it's a different fitting to hatch's.

My manual states not to use the sunroof with bars fitted - and I think it's wise - I'd hate to damage it!
06 Extreme Blue 1.5dCi 106 Dynamique Sport Tourer with panoramic sunroof and Dension Gateway

meganeboy
Pass Plus

Postby meganeboy » Thu May 10, 2007 10:28 am

you can try the following website and check for the price of the part with your dealer.

https://www.renault-aftersales.de

it is in german, but you can go through it quite easily
Meg2 Sedan, 1.6VVT, Hologram Grey, Climate Control, 16" alloys, Pioneer DEH-P6900IB, JBL GTO527, Pioneer TS-Q131-C, Osram Silverstar, NGK Iridium plugs

Return to “Parts and Accessories”