touch up paint for rub strips

Info on parts and accessories for the Mégane II, what to use and where to buy them.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

chrislloydie
Pass Plus

touch up paint for rub strips

Postby chrislloydie » Wed May 09, 2007 4:21 pm

My grey rub strips are starting to show the odd sign of wear and tear. Has anyone found a suitable paint match to use on these. I just need a touch up kit really but a spray will do.
1.6 Dynamique 5 dr, tip, Antique Green, 17" 16 spoke alloys, spoiler, DVD, Lexus rear lights, green cotton filter, ipod, TS-Q131C Speakers, limo tints

Privilege
Advanced Driver

Re: touch up paint for rub strips

Postby Privilege » Wed May 09, 2007 5:31 pm

chrislloydie wrote:My grey rub strips are starting to show the odd sign of wear and tear. Has anyone found a suitable paint match to use on these. I just need a touch up kit really but a spray will do.

I used Hologram grey from a Clio we used to have and it was a pretty good match.

The marks I had were pretty small and used a cocktail stick to apply small amounts.

masey

Postby masey » Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:17 pm

go to a local bodyshop & ask how much for a retexture, its shouldn't be much

renier
Pass Plus

Postby renier » Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:08 pm

You can order a special spray paint at your Renault dealer for this, they use it themselves in the garage for fixing damaged cars. It's especially for painting plastic parts and in the correct color.

I've used it to respray the grey plastic door parts and their brand new now. If your repainting them, you should take them of the door, use very light sanding paper and then repaint the whole part to avoid colour difference when paiting only a small part

Order number at Renault is 77.11.238.903 and it says "BB Pierre 205139". Costs €19,-

Good luck! :D

Megane II 5D-Hatch 2003 * 2.0 16V Autom. Dynamique * Gris Boreal
17" Steppe * Leather * RS front grilles
Xenon + 5LED side lights * Clear side indicators * Ph. 2 rear lights
Cabasse Tunerlist * Pioneer TS-Q131C/TS-E1396 * Ice>Link Plus + iPod

Return to “Parts and Accessories”