Touch up paint for Bumper inserts/rubbing strip

Info on parts and accessories for the Mégane II, what to use and where to buy them.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

IainMW
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatchback. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres on!)

Touch up paint for Bumper inserts/rubbing strip

Postby IainMW » Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:03 pm

Just had a close encounter with a metal fence in the work car park and scratched 2 small markes into the paint on the rear bumper insert. :(
It has'nt damaged the plastic, just rubbed the paint off, unfortunately right on the corner of the bumber exactly where you can see it!
Now I know that Renault don't produce a touch up paint for the colour coded bumbers (dark metalic grey) but I was wondering if anybody has found a very close match?

It looks very similar to Renault Xerus Grey or Hologram Grey, anyone any ideas or advice, I'm not prepared to spend a fortune having the whole bumper insert resprayed, I just want to touch it up.
Make improvements, not excuses!
Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatch. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres fitted!)

chrislloydie
Pass Plus

Postby chrislloydie » Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:10 pm

Funnily enough I was in Halfords at the weekend trying to find a colour to touch up some marks on my rear bumper insert. If you find a close match let me know please.
1.6 Dynamique 5 dr, tip, Antique Green, 17" 16 spoke alloys, spoiler, DVD, Lexus rear lights, green cotton filter, ipod, TS-Q131C Speakers, limo tints

erapaints
Currently Drives:: ERA Paints provides easy do-it-yourself solutions for many auto exterior paint needs. We pride ourselves on quality products competitive pricing and world-class customer service which includes a conditional 30-day money-back guarantee.

Re: Touch up paint for Bumper inserts/rubbing strip

Postby erapaints » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:37 pm

Touch Up paint is easy to use because we can use touch up by our self. The harder one is that matching the paint according to our car paint code. Touch up is applied on a scratchy surface and rubbing is apply on the dust marks on the car. Rubbing is used to apply for shining

Return to “Parts and Accessories”