Satin Chrome Lock Cover thingy

Info on parts and accessories for the Mégane II, what to use and where to buy them.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Watson21
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: 2007/57 Megane Renault Sport 175dCi.

Satin Chrome Lock Cover thingy

Postby Watson21 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:26 am

Hey guys. Long time no speak, how goes it? All well I hope.

Im looking for the above because some little torag has nicked mine.
Noticed the other day when I was washing the car. Pretty sure it wouldnt have just fell off and ran over like it did the last one, simply because it was such a snug fit.

I begrudge paying Renault £20 for one, does anyone know where I can get a spare....or even what the part is called? Its the bit which covers the door lock on the passenger handle for use when your remote battery dies.

Thanks. :wink:
2007/57 Renault Sport 175 2.0dCi in Silver.

IainMW
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatchback. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres on!)

Postby IainMW » Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:10 pm

How about Car Park Auto Spares :lol: :lol: :police

Sorry, I should not be encouraging that type of behaviour.

Seriously I have no idea what it's called, does it not state it in the handbook? Other than a brakers yard or eBay a Renault dealer is the only option I can see?
Make improvements, not excuses!
Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatch. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres fitted!)

Watson21
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: 2007/57 Megane Renault Sport 175dCi.

Postby Watson21 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:50 pm

IainMW wrote:How about Car Park Auto Spares :lol: :lol: :police

Sorry, I should not be encouraging that type of behaviour.

Seriously I have no idea what it's called, does it not state it in the handbook? Other than a brakers yard or eBay a Renault dealer is the only option I can see?

LOL. I could do that, but then that makes the as bad as the person who done it to me. :wink: I know you didnt really mean it though.

Anyway......I have found one on eBay and going to check the invoice I have in the house from the replacement one I had to buy a few months back....see if its the same part number.
2007/57 Renault Sport 175 2.0dCi in Silver.

^Andy^
Pass Plus

Postby ^Andy^ » Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:05 pm

Watson21 wrote:I have found one on eBay and going to check the invoice I have in the house from the replacement one I had to buy a few months back....see if its the same part number.

Same part number? chances are its the very same part from the very same car :lol:

ben010
Currently Drives:: megane cc

Re: Satin Chrome Lock Cover thingy

Postby ben010 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:04 pm

they are called 'lock covers' I bought one today from Renault Cannock £7-60 inc VAT,, not quite the right finish, satin rather than brushed chrome but any port in a storm, as they say. need the car for a wedding on Saturday and it looked crap without it. good luck Ben

Return to “Parts and Accessories”