Megane mats

Info on parts and accessories for the Mégane II, what to use and where to buy them.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

DennisL8on
Currently Drives:: Megane Dynamique Tom Tom VVT

Megane mats

Postby DennisL8on » Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:32 pm

I am new to this forum and hope that someone is able to help me. I have a Megane Expression. The driver's mat is fastened to the floor by means of two plastic caps fitting over two studs which are fixed at the factory. After a recent valetting the plastic cap for one of the studs has broken and I need a replacement. I am told by Renault Dealers that the only way is to purchase new mats! This seems to be a most extravagant and expensive way round the problem and I wonder if anyone can help me overcome this problem. Many thanks in anticipation. DennisL8on

Stranger
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: BMW X1

Re: Megane mats

Postby Stranger » Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:38 pm

If you mean the bit that sticks through from under the carpet then get one from a scrappers, lift your carpet, pull the broken one out and insert the new one.

If you do indeed need new mats have a look at this place. I've used them on a number of occassions, come to think of it they're that good that I wouldn't be at all surprised if they were able to help if you struggled to get the fitting from a scrappers,
STOP DEVELOPMENT ON GREEN FIELD SITES! http://www.cpre.org.uk/

DennisL8on
Currently Drives:: Megane Dynamique Tom Tom VVT

Re: Megane mats

Postby DennisL8on » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:41 am

Very many thanks Stranger for your prompt reply. It is the plastic cap (?) which fits over the metal stud which protrudes from the floor of the car which I need. I'll have to keep trying for a solution - Velcro springs to mind though not an ideal solution! DennisL8on

Return to “Parts and Accessories”