Spare key card

Info on parts and accessories for the Mégane II, what to use and where to buy them.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

eric
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane lldci

Spare key card

Postby eric » Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:22 am

Having had an incident where my card fell out of my pocket and landed barely two inches away from a drain :shock: I've been maybe thinking how easy (or not) it would be to get a spare.

I've looked on ebay but most seem to be just new cases without inners?

This car isn't new but I've had a couple of new cars in the past and always got a spare key, should I have had a spare card with mine now?

If we're taking hundreds for a Renault garage to do it then no, I'll just have to be more carefull :D

Btw, looking at some of the horror stories online, what I didn't know is that you could leave your card on the roof, start it with the button, drive off with your card falling off and it will not tell you anything until you stop somewhere and try and restart again. That's technology for you :wink: . Bring back keys, there was nothing wrong with them!

Stranger
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: BMW X1

Re: Spare key card

Postby Stranger » Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:32 pm

Yes, you should have received a spare with the car- if you recently got the car I'd say go back to whoever you got it from and ask them to provide one.
STOP DEVELOPMENT ON GREEN FIELD SITES! http://www.cpre.org.uk/

eric
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane lldci

Re: Spare key card

Postby eric » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:34 am

ok thanks

Return to “Parts and Accessories”