Do you need a new keycard,I did and got 1 very cheap indeeed

Info on parts and accessories for the Mégane II, what to use and where to buy them.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

katonna
Currently Drives:: Megane CC 1.6

Do you need a new keycard,I did and got 1 very cheap indeeed

Postby katonna » Thu May 08, 2014 2:33 pm

I needed new keys for my Megane CC 2008 as the one supplied with the car when we bought it was all cracked and there was not a second one.

I followed all the advice on the forum and found an advert on ebay. The rest is history........ Much cheaper than Renault or any emergency locksmith car key company.

The guy came and was here for about 10 mins. He supplied and programmed the 2 new cards for me. I kept the only genuine Renault keycard that we had when we bought the car just in case. So now we have three cards. Two new ones and a cracked old genuine Renault keycard.

Was £80 for one card, but gave a discount for two. So it was only £140.

Thats such a saving. However we need to get the little emergency blade key cut for both new keys as he said he couldn't do that for us. Finding it difficult to find a locksmith to cut them for us though. The guy said where he was in essex, they all seem to cut them. We are in Buckinghamshire and we tried loads of locksmiths. I'll try again soon as I need to get these done asap.

Also he said there was a guarantee of two years as well.

His name is Simon and his phone number is 07717 575572.

Just call him up and he will come to your place. He said he lived in essex which is more than an hours drive from my place. He seems to cover all the south east areas.

Return to “Parts and Accessories”