Replacing D2S HID bulb

Info on parts and accessories for the Mégane II, what to use and where to buy them.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

miket8
Currently Drives:: 2006 Megane 1.5DCi Dynamique

Replacing D2S HID bulb

Postby miket8 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:53 pm

My drivers side D2s HID bulb has blown and i've just ordered a new one off ebay..... miles cheaper then halfords.

Anyway, i thought this was replaced through the wheel arch and after looking can't see the opening anywhere.

I've just typed the query into google and have found this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehw5MKKSoGA - although it's french it suggests I have to remove the bumper - is this correct?

Btw - i have a 2006 megane 1.5 dci which doesn't look the same as the guide here https://www.meganeownersclub.co.uk/chang ... nebulb.php

Many Thanks

MilosB
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: R. Megane 2 1.9dci sport package

Re: Replacing D2S HID bulb

Postby MilosB » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:36 am

that is the pefect video how not to change the bulb.

regarding the cinese sh1t you bought, is is simply as said, chinese sh1t, you will be disapointed whit the performance of them short lasting, colour not to be acurate, lower light output etc... . you should have bought a philips, osram or eaven better Hela, bulb...
Renault Megane II 1.9dci sport p. 3dr. lowered on koni's,and exhausting through sebring

morganjake1544
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Clio 1.5dCi 88 Dynamique Tom Tom 3 door in Oyster Grey Metallic

Re: Replacing D2S HID bulb

Postby morganjake1544 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:07 pm

Opinion is divided. Half of the members will remove the bumper as it's only half a dozen hex bolts to undo and gives better access. The other half will do it through the access panels in the wheel arch. I always reached through the access panels to change my bulbs and didn't need to remove the wheels, just turn them to full lock. However I didn't have HIDs so they may be different.

The access panel on the near side was circular as in the link you provided but it was rectangular on the off side.

I think you can also change the offside bulb from above if you remove the black plastic trim from around the washer filler and also remove the tube from the washer filler bottle.

My Megane was a Nov 2005 phase one BTW.

Hope that is a bit more helpful.

:)
Clio 1.5 dCi 88 Dynamique Tom Tom in Oyster Grey + Twingo GT in Pearl Black on a '58'.

Return to “Parts and Accessories”