obdII (questions) for meganeII (LM1S)

Info on parts and accessories for the Mégane II, what to use and where to buy them.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

mitsos4all
Currently Drives:: Megane II (LM1S)

obdII (questions) for meganeII (LM1S)

Postby mitsos4all » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:38 am

hi

My car is Megane II saloon (LM1S).

The service warning is "on", and the engine label is missing.

I 'm very confused if the "infinite" (maybe fake) clones of ELM327 are i) working and ii) give real and correct values as the expensive readers.

The chip ELM327 costs about 23$ from elm.electronics, so how the clone with: case,pcb,connectors,leds,"elm327",usb to rs232 chip costs under 20$(with shipping)?
Is anybody here compare the readings of a cheap clone to that of an expensive reader?

So for my car,
obdII uses K and L lines, true or not?
ELM323 is enough to build my reader, true or not?
The ecu keeps information about engine(I want to confirm the engine type, eg K4Jxxx), true or not?
With any ELMxxx interface, I can read and change(erase) also the parameters or warnings, true or not?
The DDT2000 v2.5 working with ELMxxx interfaces, true or not?

Finally suggest me the best (commercial) software that working with ELM323 chip.

regards
mitsos

PS if anybody here is very satisfied with a ELM327 clone, please write the ebay link of trader.

taffyhl
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: 2004 Megane II 1.9 dynaique

Re: obdII (questions) for meganeII (LM1S)

Postby taffyhl » Thu May 16, 2013 10:11 pm

I bought a Blue tooth reader for 9.99 on Amazon and downloaded Torque Pro from google play for £3 - works a treat. Has lots of info and reads the fault codes from the ECU and lets you clear them. The code I found (EGR valve fault) exactly matched that found by the garages expensive reader.

Return to “Parts and Accessories”