Anyone used Ram Induction for parts?

Info on parts and accessories for the Mégane II, what to use and where to buy them.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

taffyhl
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: 2004 Megane II 1.9 dynaique

Anyone used Ram Induction for parts?

Postby taffyhl » Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:50 pm

Been looking for a new or recon turbo and these guys have a brand new genuine Renault turbo for £330. Apart from the price I was suprise that they are selling brand new turbos when Renault Swansea themselves would only offered a recon (for £440).

Ram Induction say they are part of the Renault Trade partners network so I rang Renault customer services to check. They took a look at Ram Inductions website and said they weren't a Renault Trade partner and could be selling fake parts. Seems strange that Renault would let them claim that on their website and ebay store unchallenged so am none the wiser!

Current plan is to send the turbo to Midland Turbo for rebuild as I think only the seals and perhaps bearings are starting to go.

taffyhl
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: 2004 Megane II 1.9 dynaique

Re: Anyone used Ram Induction for parts?

Postby taffyhl » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:58 am

Renault UK have just confirmed Raminduction ARE genuine and source their parts from Renault dealers and can be trusted. Renault have even offered to put this is writing which is excellent.

Given the price of a new turbo from them is not much more than a recon version it makes sense to me to go that route, once the garage have confirmed the engine is worth saving ("leak down" test to be done once they have the necessary tool). And that it is actually the turbo of course...

freelanderuk
Rally Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane convertible 1.9dci 2006

Re: Anyone used Ram Induction for parts?

Postby freelanderuk » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:01 am

thats nice to know that they are legit
Drive it like you stole it

My flickr

Return to “Parts and Accessories”