brake pads

Info on parts and accessories for the Mégane II, what to use and where to buy them.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

fuzzy
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: getting a megane

brake pads

Postby fuzzy » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:52 pm

got a bit of grinding noise when braking but dont have the light on the display???

its a 1.6 auto 57 plate scenic 5 seat

how much for pads and how easy to swap em myself

cheers dave

joeishmather
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: 57 megane with roof, engine, wheels, doors... All the usual things.

Re: brake pads

Postby joeishmather » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:03 pm

Hi. Easy enough to fit, an regarding the price depends on why brand you go for.. Anything from£25 -£50 really.

rjacko
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane 1.9 dci Dynamique, 3dr 03 reg

Postby rjacko » Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:44 pm

Try a few local motor factors just don't bother with the renault dealerships as always over priced.

Brakes are easy enough do yourself, search for threads on here am sure there's a few. Also the best thing you can invest in if you plan on doing any work on a car yourself is a Haynes manual.

Rich
3dr 03 Megane 1.9Dci, Dynamique, panoramic roof, keyless system, full leather, 6 cd changer, 17" Nervasport alloys

joeishmather
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: 57 megane with roof, engine, wheels, doors... All the usual things.

Postby joeishmather » Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:16 pm

I forgot to say, after having other named pads and having them rattle I would suggest to get oem pads, just to avoid the annoying rattle!! Drove me insane!

rjacko
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane 1.9 dci Dynamique, 3dr 03 reg

Postby rjacko » Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:20 pm

joeishmather wrote:I forgot to say, after having other named pads and having them rattle I would suggest to get oem pads, just to avoid the annoying rattle!! Drove me insane!

I use Pagid brake pads. These with a generous load of copper grease on the rear for the piston/housing mating faces and have no probs with rattle/squeal.

Also get a wire brush on every surface that holds the pad in situ and the piston face. Be careful not to damage the piston seal so its best cleaning this before you fully retract it to fit new pads. All this just helps to make sure that the pads are seated as good as possible and wont bind and return properly when you release the brake pedal.

Hope this helps
Rich
3dr 03 Megane 1.9Dci, Dynamique, panoramic roof, keyless system, full leather, 6 cd changer, 17" Nervasport alloys

Return to “Parts and Accessories”