Stereo installation and stalk adapter

Info on parts and accessories for the Mégane II, what to use and where to buy them.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

leamon_lfc
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane Mk2

Stereo installation and stalk adapter

Postby leamon_lfc » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:10 pm

i am looking into buying an aftermarket stereo but i want my steering controls and display to function properly.
i asked the guy at halfords and he said i need 2 cables for this.. one costing 81 quid and the other 35 quid!
i currently drive a 55 plate megane.
He also said that the 2 cables still doesnt guarantee that the display will function correctly.. i.e the clock will freeze from time to time.
So unsure what to do?
Can anyone give me a list of things i need?
i am thinking a jvc headunit so i presumably need a JVC stalk adapter and JVC patch lead.. anything else?

Boomstyliemikey
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: 1.9 130 , remapped, DPF removed, Panel filter, double din

Re: Stereo installation and stalk adapter

Postby Boomstyliemikey » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:36 pm

I got some wires from halfords that were meant to do the same thing for my Clio. Never worked tho, even took it to a autotechnician who couldnt work it out either. IMO there a waste of time and money. I know this don't help tho
1.9 dci dynamique, originally 130bhp. Remapped, DPF removed, Pipercross panel filter.viewtopic.php?f=13&t=17209

steve-t
Advanced Driver

Postby steve-t » Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:26 pm

I had a jvc KD-AVX2 dvd player DAB head unit in my 55 plate oasis and 57 extreme
Jvc do not have a feed out so will never get the display to work with track number ect
I used a incartec set up just got JVC on display but the remote worked
Still got it all sitting in garage as new car has sat nav built in through radio
Steve

leamon_lfc
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane Mk2

Postby leamon_lfc » Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:12 pm

i found a site called dynamicsounds and they gave me a list of 3 things i would need for everything to work apart from the radio display.. i.e the steering controls would still work just the radio channel wouldnt display but presumably that would be displayed on my headunit.
So il have to pluck up the courage to take the gamble i think!

arran.vigar
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: Megane II 03

Postby arran.vigar » Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:06 pm

halfords are right you need two leads one to adapt renaults wiring into a interface and then out the interface into the head unit. However, they should only cost £40ish unless you have a pioneer unit then it will be about £50. In response to the clio, for some reason the clio stalk adapters are always tricky to get working the only ones found that properly work are made by connects 2.

BurntCarcus
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: Grand Scenic 2008 1.9Dci (130)

Postby BurntCarcus » Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:00 am

I have just installed a new head unit into my scenic and i needed 3 things, 2 sets of wires for the stalk controls and a facia adaptor. The leads cost £74.99 and £7.99. The stalk controlls work but the display does not. All it does is say "RENAULT" now. Stalk controls work perfect so im happy. Easy enough to fit, just hard to fit all the wires behind the stereo because they are quite bulky. Took me about 1 hour in total. :cool:
Back from Zafira hell....... Good to be home. Number 3 scenic bought and "im lovin it"

samit94
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane Mark II 2004

Postby samit94 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:38 pm

I have changed my stereo to an after market headunit Kenwood with Bluetooth

i also purchased a stalk controller and adapter for kenwood total costing me about £45 works fine

i work for a sound company where we do sounds for cars tints and alot more let me know if u want anyfin guys !

if u want any help with anything guys jus ask :)
Renault Megane 04 II
6000k HID Kit
17" TSW Alloys
Pioneer P4200 Double Din
Tints all round

Boomstyliemikey
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: 1.9 130 , remapped, DPF removed, Panel filter, double din

Postby Boomstyliemikey » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:24 pm

I wake back what i said in my previous post.I got a connects2 stalk adapter and actually managed to get it working with a cheap Chinese headunit
1.9 dci dynamique, originally 130bhp. Remapped, DPF removed, Pipercross panel filter.viewtopic.php?f=13&t=17209

sunny213
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane Tech Run

Postby sunny213 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:19 pm

samit94 wrote:I have changed my stereo to an after market headunit Kenwood with Bluetooth

i also purchased a stalk controller and adapter for kenwood total costing me about £45 works fine

i work for a sound company where we do sounds for cars tints and alot more let me know if u want anyfin guys !

if u want any help with anything guys jus ask :)

Hi Mate,

I am going to buy a Kenwood KDC-BT 39DAB and have been quoted £45.00 from Basejunkies for a Stalk Adopter and £14.99 for a DAB Ariel £12.99 for a FM Ariel from Halfords. Does this sound like the correct price?

Return to “Parts and Accessories”