Exterior temp sensor

Info on parts and accessories for the Mégane II, what to use and where to buy them.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Djadjo
Currently Drives:: Megane 2 1.6 16V

Exterior temp sensor

Postby Djadjo » Wed May 19, 2010 7:24 am

Hi All

I have meg2 production date 11/08 1.6 16V extreme..indent says : BM1R E852861 EA1 EXT02 EBASE TERNA DRAP31 HARM01 TLBALK CGP V3
.....VF1BM1ROH39863408......
I want to add exterior temperature sensor...friend gave it to me..its new ..and its original renault part...for meg2
prior to that..i have removed plastic grille in front right door from speaker and removed speaker to try to find wireing wich goes to rear view mirror
but didnt have luck to find out is the wireing harnes there or not....(wireing for rear view mirror is temp sensor,electric motor for mirror movment and wires for mirror heating)

Ok if there isnt wireing at all for rear view mirror....my question is : Is installing ext temp sensor posible...if it is...what kind of extra wireing i must order with my temp sensor...and where to connect this extra wire in car...

The goal is offcourse that on radio lcd under the time says outside temp :) 8)
Why dont i go to my reno dealer service....Il go if i find out that i cant do it myself...and i know that il be obligated to buy new sensor from them..

Tnx :pc

BlueMeganeII
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: 03 Megane 3 door 2.0 VVT Dynamique - Sunroof, 17" Alloys, Keyless Entry and start
55 Grand Espace Initial, Xenons, Leather, Sunroof, Keyless, Sat Nav, Tyre Pressure sensors, 18" Alloys, Roof spoiler/bars.

Re: Exterior temp sensor

Postby BlueMeganeII » Sat May 22, 2010 7:15 pm

I thought all the cars had it - once fitted you will still need to go to Renault to have it enabled in the ECU just like with cruise control - unless the OBII kits on ebay allow full access now.

BlueMeganeII
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: 03 Megane 3 door 2.0 VVT Dynamique - Sunroof, 17" Alloys, Keyless Entry and start
55 Grand Espace Initial, Xenons, Leather, Sunroof, Keyless, Sat Nav, Tyre Pressure sensors, 18" Alloys, Roof spoiler/bars.

Postby BlueMeganeII » Sat May 22, 2010 10:29 pm

Infact if you have air con you should already have an exterior temp sensor. It might just not be enabled to given an internal temp.

Djadjo
Currently Drives:: Megane 2 1.6 16V

Postby Djadjo » Sun May 23, 2010 11:06 pm

I understand and presume that it logical to enable it on ecu so ill take it in notice thanx :) but unfortunatly i really dont have sensor installed...i think that i read somewhere on forum here that after 2005 renault ejected three types of electrical wireing for three trim levels... so if mine is lowest trim I think that that is why I dont have wireing in doors for mirrors..

ImageImageImageImage

Djadjo

Meggyman
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: 56 Megane CC 2.0 Privilege in grey.
Full leather etc

Postby Meggyman » Mon May 24, 2010 12:30 pm

Some lesser models don't have outside temp fitted.
Been in several hire car and courtesy car Meganes and Clio's without the temp sensor fitted.
56 Megane CC 2.0 Privilege in Grey.
Full leather etc

BlueMeganeII
Advanced Driver

Postby BlueMeganeII » Mon May 24, 2010 8:13 pm

Did they have aircon?

Return to “Parts and Accessories”