Improving a few things 1.5dci

Info on parts and accessories for the Mégane II, what to use and where to buy them.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

sutty86
Currently Drives:: Mondeo 2.0 ghia Petrol

Improving a few things 1.5dci

Postby sutty86 » Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:37 pm

just bought a 2003 1.5dci last week and its a big drop from a 2.0 Mondeo petrol and obviously ive had to counter torque/acceleration but i gain alot more in mpg , Double in fact
just wondering if there is any little mods that could improve acceleration/torque a wee bit......
looked around abit , seen the resistors on ebay waste of time????? and would a better air filter work,

you guys seem to know alot about modding etc im a total noob....

thanks

P.s

my brakes are sqealing quite alot, only just bought it and garage have gave me 3month warrenty do you think they should fix the fault as i see its quite common in older meganes...

thank you

Paddy
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane Saloon 2.0 VVT Dynamique

Re: Improving a few things 1.5dci

Postby Paddy » Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:31 pm

You could get the engine remaped.. Will give more Torgue and a few extra horsies. All those resistors are a load of crap stay well clear.

If your breaks are squeeking this could be an indecation that new pads are needed. There is a small flange on break pads so they squeek to alert the owner to this fact.

davelowe
Driving Legend

Postby davelowe » Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:24 pm

Get some quotes (~£300) for the remap +30 bhp is not unusual with a turbo diesel and with accompanying increase in torque. Inform your insurer.

Check the brake pad thicknesses by taking off the wheel and looking through the calipers. If there is plenty left, take it back to the garage and tell them 'put copper grease on the back of the pads and check the anti-vibration plates, i'll keep coming back until they stop squeaking'.
Silver 08 plate 5dr 1.5dci Dynamique 106 Tech Run (re-mapped)

Red 03 plate 5dr 1.9 Dynamique dci120

Best advice for Megane owners: sell it before it bankrupts you!

sutty86
Currently Drives:: Mondeo 2.0 ghia Petrol

Postby sutty86 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:06 am

ta for the the replys will tell the garage today and let you know the response,

Return to “Parts and Accessories”