Windscreen Wipers

Info on parts and accessories for the Mégane II, what to use and where to buy them.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

swift85

Windscreen Wipers

Postby swift85 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:59 pm

Hello my car is in dire need of a new set of Wipers and i thought before I purchased some I would check what people here recomend.

I know on some cars you can fit the Wipers from Newer model cars or even different models. I know Bosch do some Aero wipers has anyone used these?.

Also do Renault make there own Aero wiper?

I tried to search but not much came up. Any help would be Great.

nickbell69
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: megane 1.9dci priv 53

Re: Windscreen Wipers

Postby nickbell69 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:07 pm

Well i use Tescos £1.96 each. Had some for ages then tried flat blades from e bay which lasted about 3months before squeaking and juddering like mad, so i've gone back to Tescos. At that price i don't mind changing evey few months but last set i had lasted over a year.

steve the postman
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: 1.5 DCI 86 EXTREME TUNING BOX
DAB DIGITAL RADIO/DVD PLAYER
HID HEADLIGHTS
PIAA HORNS
GT LEATHER STEERING WHEEL

Postby steve the postman » Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:21 pm

Yes Renault do a set of retro fit flat wipers
I put a set on my 55 oasis part ex'd it 2 month later so took em off to put on new meg
New one came with em as standard
I'll take a look in garage sunday for part number
Steve
1.5 DCI 86 EXTREME, TUNING BOX, DAB DIGITAL RADIO/DVD PLAYER, HID HEADLIGHTS, PIAA HORNS, GT LEATHER STEERING WHEEL.

swift85

Postby swift85 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:02 am

steve the postman wrote:Yes Renault do a set of retro fit flat wipers
I put a set on my 55 oasis part ex'd it 2 month later so took em off to put on new meg
Steve

That would be great if you could.

Might take a look at the Tesco ones aswell with them being so cheap.

I have the same engine Megane as you does the tuning box make that much difference. I've heard you get more MPG mine is 45 currently mainly around town driving. Do you think this will rise much. Also from a performance point of view.

steve the postman
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: 1.5 DCI 86 EXTREME TUNING BOX
DAB DIGITAL RADIO/DVD PLAYER
HID HEADLIGHTS
PIAA HORNS
GT LEATHER STEERING WHEEL

Postby steve the postman » Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:06 pm

Part number 77 11 236 178
Tuning box Yes real improvemnt over standard
51.4 mpg round town worked fill up to fill up at same pump
My best mate has same engine in a 2008 3 door tech run he can't keep up on acceleration
Steve
1.5 DCI 86 EXTREME, TUNING BOX, DAB DIGITAL RADIO/DVD PLAYER, HID HEADLIGHTS, PIAA HORNS, GT LEATHER STEERING WHEEL.

IainMW
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatchback. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres on!)

Postby IainMW » Sat May 02, 2009 6:13 am

swift85 wrote:
steve the postman wrote:Yes Renault do a set of retro fit flat wipers
Steve

That would be great if you could.

Might take a look at the Tesco ones aswell with them being so cheap.

I have the same engine Megane as you does the tuning box make that much difference. I've heard you get more MPG mine is 45 currently mainly around town driving. Do you think this will rise much. Also from a performance point of view.

I always used to stick to Valeo wipers on the Megane (same as the standard Renault one's) and got them from Wiperblades.co.uk, but I have a set of Champion retro-fit flat blades on the Laguna and they are great (but expensive :( )

Off topic: Yes as steve the postman says a tuning box does make a big difference. My Laguna and the wifes Clio both have KingQuick tuning modules fitted and they make significant improvements to performance, economy and driveability.
Make improvements, not excuses!
Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatch. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres fitted!)

Return to “Parts and Accessories”