Service

Share details of a trip that you've been on in your Megane II.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Froggi
Currently Drives:: Megane 1.5 Dci

Service

Postby Froggi » Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:21 pm

My partner and I own a nice black Megane that we traded her old Ford Ka3, getting a good deal...... the car is on a 04 plate.....
Everything was hunky-dory until the service countdown told us to get the thing serviced, which we duly did, at our local Renault service centre...... We were given a courtesy car while the motor was in the "shop"....... The garage called and the other half went to pick it up and brought it home......... As I had already got in from work, I was sitting on the sofa when she got in to tell me everything was A-OK and give me the bad news as to the cost...... good job I was sitting down as I nearly fell off the sofa when the news was broken........ Everyone ready??
The cost was just shy of a grand and that's not including the cambelt change that was advised at around another £235........!!!!!!!

On top of that, one of the key cards gave up the ghost which cost us the best part of £150....... then she who must be obeyed says she wanted to get rid of the car as it was too big for her...... Guess what I said !!!!!!

Love the car but the servicing costs have been a real pain in the wallet

Anyone beat that for a simple service?

sav0
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: Megane 1.5dci 53 Plate

Re: Service

Postby sav0 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:42 pm

What is involved in the service thats going to cost nearly a grand?

No way would I pay that amount but then again I am a northerner who has more sense than £££££ ;)

Froggi
Currently Drives:: Megane 1.5 Dci

Postby Froggi » Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:00 pm

As a northerner too I was suitably astounded..... but the service was as I have indicated..... brakes, allround, tyres (3 off) and including A/C recharge and filter changes all came to the amount stated..... I can post the bill if proof is needed...... ;-)

sav0
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: Megane 1.5dci 53 Plate

Postby sav0 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:24 pm

I had everything you have quoted changed this year and it didn't come to anywhere near a grand

genuine renault parts for front/rear pads and discs for about £170 from ebay
aircon regas cost me £55 for a someone to come to my house and do it and was done properly not done with a can bought from halfrauds
Full service again using renault parts air/oil/pollen fuel filter £35 again ebay
Getting a garage to fit all the parts cost me £100

So what does that come to £450ish so thats £600 for your 3 tyres i think you might get change ;)

Shop around for parts and get someone to fit them for you if you dont know how to are like me just couldn't be bothered to get my hands dirty

wanda
F1 Driver

Postby wanda » Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:54 am

I always ask the dealers "is that the best price you can give me" and if the answer is yes then I usually say I will think about it and on my way out I get stopped and given a "special" price. If I dont get stopped then I try another garage. There i usually at least 3 Renault garages near everyone.... well most

Return to “Megane II Adventures”