Return to a Megane

Share details of a trip that you've been on in your Megane II.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

IainMW
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatchback. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres on!)

Return to a Megane

Postby IainMW » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:53 am

With the Laguna in dry dock for minor repairs on Tuesday (front exhaust mounting and passenger door lock problem) I returned to the driver’s seat of a Megane for the day. (My dads 1.9dCi 120 saloon)

With the wife still unable to drive following an eye operation, my dad suggested he'd pick me up from the garage and the four of us (me, the wife, mum and dad) would head off into the hills for the day.
As usual when ever the four of us go out I end up driving regardless of who's car we are in?
I don't mind as I'm not a good passenger :blurp:

So with full thrust and afterburner engaged we had a quick trip up the M6 to J34, and then shot across the A683 to Kirkby Lonsdale.
I'd forgotten how good the Megane was along country lanes :D :driving
After suitable mid morning refreshment in the Lunesdale Bakery and Cafe it was back in the car and down the A65 to Settle dodging lot's of fast motorbikes being hotly pursued by an unmarked Police Subaru Impreza :police

After a good mooch around Settle (it was market day) and more refreshment and food in the Golden Lion pub (no beer for me :( ) We loaded up again and picked up the A65, A682 and A59 back towards Preston and finally Tarleton to pick the up Laguna.

My Dad's Megane has always been a good one, much less troublesome than mine was and it was great to get behind the wheel of one again.

Fin'
Make improvements, not excuses!
Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatch. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres fitted!)

terry_mccann
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane SportsTourer 1.9 dCi 120 PS, 01/2004, Polargrey, Confort Privilege (Partial leather, Alpine 9871RR, 16"-Alloys, 6-speed)
My gallery: http://meganeboard.de/viewtopic.php?t=3437&start=0

Re: Return to a Megane

Postby terry_mccann » Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:44 pm

Yep, I second that....especially the 1,9 dCi is big fun in driving around curvy streets and hills....we also have quite a rural surrounding here east of cologne and the Megane (Grandtour) dCi is the best car for that I had up to now....
Megane Grandtour 1.9 dCi 120 PS, 01/2004, Polargrey, Confort Privilege (Partial leather, Alpine 9871RR, 16"-Alloys, 6-speed)
My gallery: http://meganeboard.de/viewtopic.php?t=3437&start=0

wanda
F1 Driver

Re: Return to a Megane

Postby wanda » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:50 am

I agree, when I am a passenger I end up complaining we are too close to the curb etc...

Return to “Megane II Adventures”