Not quite the adventure I had in mind.....

Share details of a trip that you've been on in your Megane II.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Welsh

Not quite the adventure I had in mind.....

Postby Welsh » Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:17 pm

Today my Megane celebrated 3000 trouble free miles with an average of 36mpg (for a 2 litre, I'm staggered. Must be my miserly driving) by moving mountains, slaying dragons, running over Vernon Kay and, perhaps most importantly, getting me home through 4ft of flood water in Hull's worst ever city wide drowning.

I spent 6 hours (6 hours of my life, lost) crawling my way through rivers and seas of all of Hull's sewage mixed with muddy water, and did my Megane give up and leave me stranded? I think not. It was touch and go at some points - those points being brown, turd shaped ones brushing against my Megane's beautiful black paintwork. Halfway up my doors. Seriously. OK, a quarter of the way. Either way, I wasn't opening them for love nor money.

Admittedly, there were times when Eau de Clutch permeated the air and I'm not overly confident some damage hasn't been caused to the Megane's belly - the exhaust in particular. If it is injured, it hid it well and carried on regardless like some sort of Terry Butcher Transformer.

I just thought it ironic that a Megane, not one of nature's more reliable beasts, shrugged off a rather severe (6 bloody hour) drive without missing a beat. Hats off to ye.

You watch it die on me tomorrow.
53 plate 2.0l Megane 5 door Dynamique. Tinted windows, all pimp like.

navid.v
Rally Driver

Postby navid.v » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:36 pm

it is very scary to see all these people stranded as a result of this flooding.glad to hear you got home fine,I don't know if you watched the news on BBC24 or not,but they were in a car park which was flooded and guess what car was parked in there?an Aston Martin with its alarm going off!!!

Hopefully it (flood) dies down soon and not many more people get hurt or lose their lives/homes/cars,etc.
Current Car:BMW Z4 2.5 SE 04,Renault Clio Dynamique S 1.2 TCE 58 ;Previous Car:Megane II Sports Hatch 55 Reg Ottoman Blue 1.6 VVT

Welsh

Postby Welsh » Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:17 pm

With any luck the flood water will send the Aston my way. It would technically be claimable flotsam I think...

The Megane has somehow escaped injury and is running fine. I even had to pass through some still flooded roads today as well, overtaking a stalled Alfa in the process, with the greatest of ease. Seriously, if you can't afford/are morally against 4x4's but live in a flooding hotspot, go Megane.

As for it dying down; I hear it's meant to rain again over the next couple of days. I don't know about anywhere else but Hull is in no position to be rained on right now. It hasn't rained today but with fire crews draining water into the rivers and drains around Hull banks are bursting further downstream (we had an emergency evacuation today from work when the police told us that the river running just a few hundred yards away was going to burst it's banks "within the hour"). Half the city is still under water too. Not the best situation in the world.
53 plate 2.0l Megane 5 door Dynamique. Tinted windows, all pimp like.

__spc__
Learner Driver

Postby __spc__ » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:00 pm

Sad to say, on 23 July after the floods, I drove up the Fosse Way from Swindon to Coventry. Driving along one section of the road near Moreton-in-March, we all had to slow down to pass through a flooded section of the road. A glance to the right brought a tear to my eye: a flooded field, a ditch, and the rear off-side portion of a Megane's roof poking out through the surface of the flood waters - well and truely submerged...

RIP little shiny silver Megane.
5dr 1.6VVT Hatch, Pearl Black Megane Dynamique + Comfort Pack, '53 plate

carlosthejackal

Postby carlosthejackal » Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:37 pm

Looking like we might have similar weather problems again soon. Knackers to this place, I'm off to Spain to live in the sunshine...

snowy
Just Passed

Postby snowy » Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:55 pm

is that your cat? its scary lookin .... :shock: [/code]

Jimbo86
Passed Theory

Postby Jimbo86 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:22 pm

carlosthejackal wrote:Looking like we might have similar weather problems again soon. Knackers to this place, I'm off to Spain to live in the sunshine...

lol ditto! should be there in 18-24 months myself *touchwood*
Megane II - 1.4 16v Dynamique 5dr - 2004 (UK
Scenic II - 1.4 16V Dynamique - 2004 (UK)
Scenic II - 1.5 dCi 86bhp Latitude - 2008 (France)

Return to “Megane II Adventures”