Snow!

Share details of a trip that you've been on in your Megane II.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

almcgrail
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: Megane II tourer 130

Snow!

Postby almcgrail » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:00 pm

As its been snowing all year so far I'd ask peoples opinions on how their meganes have done driving around. Before we had the first instalment i was ready for 2 new tyres on the standard 16s, (saving the 18s for summer use, if we get one) so opted for 2 yokohama winter tyres at £80 each. Got to say i think they've been damn good so far. They're not quite as good as proper snow tyres at setting off but enough to get you out of a sticky situation. The best bit about them though is the stopping distance, in my previouse car (406 estate on standard tyres) i would be half way down the street with the abs kicking in sliding alover the show, but in the megane it stops in less than twice the normal difference. Is it the tyres or the car? I've probably been having a bit too much fun though as the undertray had part fallen off and was just scooping the snow up.
All these tests were taken out in proper northern snow and not a bit of southern icing sugar :D
So basically, hows your megane in the snow? :-)

freelanderuk
Rally Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane convertible 1.9dci 2006

Re: Snow!

Postby freelanderuk » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:31 am

we have been really lucky in that we have had virtually no snow, this last weekend when most of the country shut down our village on the east coast had non , so can not report how good the meg cc is in the snow
Drive it like you stole it

My flickr

almcgrail
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: Megane II tourer 130

Postby almcgrail » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:15 am

We get it bad in north sheffield as we're just down from the moors, we've had 10 foot snow drifts and still had some snow around from the last time it snowed. Father inlaw moved to cleethorpes and i dont think they've ever seen snow, they have had sand drifts onto the road though lol! :D

freelanderuk
Rally Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane convertible 1.9dci 2006

Postby freelanderuk » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:15 pm

I am from Sheffield but now live just down the road from Cleethorpes :D
Drive it like you stole it

My flickr

pfeek114
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: Megane MK2 1.5 DCI

Postby pfeek114 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:52 pm

down here in east anglia we have been quite lucky with the snow
although i have to say that a month back when we did have snow and ice, i left work at 6 one morning, going round 5 roundabout on the A143 and had lift off oversteer on everyone....... Now That Was Fun, best drive home ever
Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow.........No Smoke, No Poke

wanda
F1 Driver

Postby wanda » Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:43 pm

Snow.... what is snow?

Return to “Megane II Adventures”