Belfast to Ballyshannon

Share details of a trip that you've been on in your Megane II.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

MéganeDynamique
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Renault Mégane 2.0 VVT Dynamique Sport Hatch

Belfast to Ballyshannon

Postby MéganeDynamique » Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:22 am

Having recently turned 17 and passed my driving test, I was dying to drive this trip myself, having done it so many times as a child in the passenger seat. Of course my 2.0 16v Mégane made light work of the 2 and a half hour trip and proved the perfect tool for effortless overtaking on the country roads!
The automatic climate control kept us at a constant 21 degrees and we all arrived feeling just as relaxed as when we started. An overall figure of 36.4 MPG wasn't too bad either seeing as there was plenty of overtaking and high speed motorway driving.
I love this engine, the sixth gear is the icing on the cake!

When driving around Donegal, the panoramic sunroof was always open and the black leather was always roasting from the sun.

A great trip, and everyone loved the Mégane. I'll be uploading some pictures soon, I got it in February, it's fully loaded, had more than 2 thousand pounds of options added! I love it!!!
Ottoman Blue 2.0 VVT Privilège 5 Door - Full beige leather, ESP, Xenon headlights, Carminat Navigation, Cruise etc.
Ink Blue 2.0 VVT Dynamique 3 Door... Black Leather, heated seats, panoramic sunroof, tyre pressure sensors, Hands Free etc.

Poddy
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: Kia Cee'd 1.6 CRDi

Re: Belfast to Ballyshannon

Postby Poddy » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:02 pm

How'd u manage to get insured to a 2.0 Megane?
07 Kia Cee'd 1.6 CRDi
Remapped

MéganeDynamique
Advanced Driver

Postby MéganeDynamique » Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:17 am

I had to register it to my parents and added me as a secondary driver, it was the only way!!
Ottoman Blue 2.0 VVT Privilège 5 Door - Full beige leather, ESP, Xenon headlights, Carminat Navigation, Cruise etc.
Ink Blue 2.0 VVT Dynamique 3 Door... Black Leather, heated seats, panoramic sunroof, tyre pressure sensors, Hands Free etc.

Poddy
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: Kia Cee'd 1.6 CRDi

Postby Poddy » Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:49 pm

fair enough, but be carefull drivin it, u crash it, u'll not get insured to a car like that till you 25 at least
07 Kia Cee'd 1.6 CRDi
Remapped

MéganeDynamique
Advanced Driver

Postby MéganeDynamique » Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:01 pm

Poddy wrote:fair enough, but be carefull drivin it, u crash it, u'll not get insured to a car like that till you 25 at least

True, I really hate insurance companies. With a burning passion

bull20
Currently Drives:: Colt Czt

Postby bull20 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:23 pm

I think its a case of "Can't live with them, can't live without them" lol

Return to “Megane II Adventures”