hi, newbie put deposit down on cc, having 2nd thoughts

Information and general chat about the Megane II CC.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

gazgeordie
Currently Drives:: megane cc

hi, newbie put deposit down on cc, having 2nd thoughts

Postby gazgeordie » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:41 am

hi just found this site,just put down deposit on 57 plate megane cabriolet dynamique 1.5 dci with 8 k on(£9300) always wanted one,1st choice was black but ended up with eclipse still nice colour, since told friends im getting one im hearing bad reports about lots of electrical problems.expensive parts etc.i ve got 2 weeks before i pick it up and just want advice, when i go to pick it up what shall i look for, common problems etc .i think i just need someone to tell me dont worry they re great cars and ill not regret it. ps trim level-- i know its got cruise control as well as normal kit but does it include the mp3 conection? thanks in advance.

pocket
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: Mineral Blue Megane GT dCi 150

Re: hi, newbie put deposit down on cc, having 2nd thoughts

Postby pocket » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:24 am

where the problems friends told you about CC's or Renaults in general?

Years ago the electrics in renaults were terrible and most people, who have never owned one still say this.
Mineral Blue Megane GT 2.0 dCi 150
Cabasse 4x40w with 6 disk changer, Pioneer TS-Q131C speakers, Kenwood KSC-SW10 sub.

robincurston
Currently Drives:: renaultmegane cc

Postby robincurston » Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:07 pm

Great car you will love it, and remember it should still have 18 month warranty left, my roof leaked on my 2006 modal new updated seals all round (fitted under warranty), goes through car washes no more leaks at all, will buy another one in 2010. All cars have problems my wifes vw golf (2007) has had loads of faults and she is thinking of getting shot of it, she said? she may buy a new shape megane hatch.No mp3 conection, but you can buy a cable that fits into the back of your cd player I have seen them on ebay for under £20 I think I will buy one for my self.

wanda
F1 Driver

Postby wanda » Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:00 pm

I have a 57 reg one.1.5dci. I have done 36000 miles so far. I can list my problems. Oil leak fixed under warranty, Slight drip fixed under warranty you should have some warranty left so just sit back and enjoy the car. What really made me smile with this car is the fact that we drove from Tunbridge wells to the South of Poland with one tank thats 740 miles with an average speed of 65mph. I have got michelin pillot primaciy tyres and so far they have done 36 000 miles with 4mm left :cool:

Thing to remember is that you never know with cars. I saw a 09 Toyota corolla being recovered the other day. As long as you do your part you should be fine. If you do get a problem I am sure you will get help here with my fellow brethrens.

busternlouie
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: '05' Megane 2.0 VVT Dynamique

Postby busternlouie » Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:04 pm

wanda wrote:I saw a 09 Toyota corolla being recovered the other day.

Ouch!! :shock:
2005 Megane Sporthatch 2.0 VVT Dynamique Extreme Blue

Meggyman
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: 56 Megane CC 2.0 Privilege in grey.
Full leather etc

Postby Meggyman » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:38 am

Still think i've made the right choice two months on. Great car, and wouldn't swap it for any of the other CC's out there. i.e Peugeot, VW, Ford. 8-)
56 Megane CC 2.0 Privilege in Grey.
Full leather etc

wanda
F1 Driver

Postby wanda » Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:18 pm

Meggyman wrote:Still think i've made the right choice two months on. Great car, and wouldn't swap it for any of the other CC's out there. i.e Peugeot, VW, Ford. 8-)

thats the spirit

gazgeordie
Currently Drives:: megane cc

Postby gazgeordie » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:01 pm

hi just to say went ahead and bought cabriolet, best thing i could have done im loving it. thanks for ll your reply's

Return to “Megane CC”