cc specifications

Information and general chat about the Megane II CC.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

StuB
Currently Drives:: renault laguna initiale 2.2dci and megane convertible mk1

cc specifications

Postby StuB » Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:04 pm

i am a newcomer to all this forum stuff but hey lets try, my wife drives a megane convertible "51" plate, we are looking at swapping this for a cc either a 05 or 06 but i think there was a facelift on 06, can anybody tell me where to find spec lists for both these, oh and it is the dynamique iv been looking at

Andy_CC
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: Megane CC and Nissan Navara Avantura

Re: cc specifications

Postby Andy_CC » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:24 pm

06 was the facelift, they changed the shape of the opening in the front bumper so the car looks like its smiling at you :lol: and the also changed the angles of the grills either side of the renault badge on the front bumper, also changed the headlights slightly.

I have a 07 plate CC dynamique and the standard spec on mine is Climate control, Auto wipers and Headlights, Cruise controll and speed limiter, 17 inch 7 spoke alloys. some can even come with the 6 CD auto changer in the dash, this was an option that some people bought, also u may be luckly and find one with the "TUNE POINT" which is an MP3, Ipod and usb connection thats in the glove box, mine has this :D its great, no need for CDs in the car, just my ipod with 1500 songs to flick though!! :D

Engine wise, if you want petrol then go for the 1.6 16v with 111bhp, the 2.0 has 130bhp and isnt that much quicker so it isnt worth the extra 20 bhp for dearer road tax, heavier fuel consuption and dearer insurance.
Diesels you have the 1.5 dci, which is very ecomomical and 106 bhp or you have the 1.9dci 120 or 130bhp they can be flyers!!

Mine is a 1.6 16v , its fairly nippy, does and average of 34 mpg, sat at 70 on the motorway will do 40+ mpg.

what area do you live in, my brother is sales manager for renault at gemini retail park in warrington in the north west and they have the CCs on offer at the min!
07 Megane CC 1.6 Dynamique and Nissan Navara Avantura with 215 bhp and 480n/m Torque wooohooooo!!!!

djkav
Passed Theory

Postby djkav » Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:48 pm

CC specs changed at the beginning of 2007.

All post 2007 CC's had their specs upgraded to rival the Focus CC and 307cc.
'57 Megane CC dCi 106 Privilege // Gun Metal

wanda
F1 Driver

Postby wanda » Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:52 am

Then I bought mine at the right time

Meggyman
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: 56 Megane CC 2.0 Privilege in grey.
Full leather etc

Postby Meggyman » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:36 am

On the issue of engine size I must say that I had a Megane II hatch with the 1.6 cc engine and yes it was a good puller through the gears, but due to the ridiculous 5 speed gearbox I found it to be bl**dy annoying at motorway speeds.
Getting close to 4000 revs at seventy MPH and still even after three years of owning it up until I parted with the car last week, I always find myself looking for another gear when i'm in Fifth!! Damn engine felt asthmatic :banghead

My new Megane - a 56 petrol meg CC Privilege in Metallic Grey has the six speed box coupled to the 2.0 litre engine and I have noticed the more relaxed drive at motorway speeds and the extra power it delivers through the range. :)

Mpg - Well not much between the 1.6 and 2.0 if you are careful with the right foot. Especially as the extra gear relaxes the engine more
56 Megane CC 2.0 Privilege in Grey.
Full leather etc

wanda
F1 Driver

Postby wanda » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:56 am

Meggyman wrote:On the issue of engine size I must say that I had a Megane II hatch with the 1.6 cc engine and yes it was a good puller through the gears, but due to the ridiculous 5 speed gearbox I found it to be bl**dy annoying at motorway speeds.
Getting close to 4000 revs at seventy MPH and still even after three years of owning it up until I parted with the car last week, I always find myself looking for another gear when i'm in Fifth!! Damn engine felt asthmatic :banghead

My new Megane - a 56 petrol meg CC Privilege in Metallic Grey has the six speed box coupled to the 2.0 litre engine and I have noticed the more relaxed drive at motorway speeds and the extra power it delivers through the range. :)

Mpg - Well not much between the 1.6 and 2.0 if you are careful with the right foot. Especially as the extra gear relaxes the engine more

So what are the revs at 70 in a 2.0?

Meggyman
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: 56 Megane CC 2.0 Privilege in grey.
Full leather etc

Postby Meggyman » Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:07 am

It sits at about 3100 revs at seventy in this one. I get from A to B without a hint of stress now :cool:
56 Megane CC 2.0 Privilege in Grey.
Full leather etc

wanda
F1 Driver

Postby wanda » Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:15 am

thats much better :cool:

Return to “Megane CC”