Locking the car with the roof down.

Information and general chat about the Megane II CC.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

impis
Currently Drives:: Megane cc VVT 115 dymonique

Locking the car with the roof down.

Postby impis » Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:39 pm

I can't lock my cc with the roof down. I have a piece of paper with drawn instructions, which I have attempted to follow, but still, if i lock the car with the roof down, pretty soon the alarm sounds.

I know i have to press the start/stop button 5 times, with the key in. [But do I have to turn the engine off first and open a door so's everythings switched off, or what?] Then there's a small circle with a bit coloured - which i take to mean that i've got 5 seconds in which to press the button 5 times. At the bottom of the image, it says <7" - and i have absolutely NO idea what this is supposed to mean!!

Another thing - should the windows be up, or be down, when locking the car roofless?? No where does it advise on this. Not on the slip of paper, and not on the alarm manual.

I have tried pressing 5 times, taking the key out, shutting the car and then locking it with the remote - but still, a few mins later, the alarm sounds once more. I'm assuming that its ok to press the lock button twice [deadlock] - or should I be pressing just once ? [but then that allows the doors to be opened from the inside, doesn't it?]

As you can probably tell, I'm very confused!

Heeeellllpppp!!!!!!!!!! LOL! [Please]

wanda
F1 Driver

Re: Locking the car with the roof down.

Postby wanda » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:52 pm

Thats strange.I can lock mine jut fine with the roof down. I am sure someone will help you out. Just hang in there :wink:

impis
Currently Drives:: Megane cc VVT 115 dymonique

Postby impis » Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:12 am

Well, I can lock it - I just can't lock it AND disable the internal sensors at the same time so that the alarm doesn't go off the minute theres a breath of wind in the cockpit..
Sorry, if I was misleading.

bucky
Learner Driver

Postby bucky » Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:28 pm

Strange as I can deadlock mine witht eh roof off and the alarm dosen't go off either, is yours one of the earlier ones? Hope someone can help you out.
megane cc 106dci 57reg quartz

jaysere03
Currently Drives:: megane 2 dymonique cc

Postby jaysere03 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:07 pm

same here i always leave roof down in summer while in car parks at work or just outside house ... not once has alarm gone off...

wanda
F1 Driver

Postby wanda » Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:49 am

jaysere03 wrote:same here i always leave roof down in summer while in car parks at work or just outside house ... not once has alarm gone off...

So you trust the pigeons and sea gulls :?:

wintersun1
Currently Drives:: 2006 Megane CC 1.6 VVT Privilige

Postby wintersun1 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:25 pm

my alarm goes off too with the roof down, need to deactivate the interior sensors. The how to is in the manual. Can be abit tempremental tho. Took me a few attempts to make it work.
Last edited by wintersun1 on Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EclipseMeganecc
Currently Drives:: 2006 Megane CC 1.6VVT Privilige

Postby EclipseMeganecc » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:31 pm

This is how I lock my CC with the roof down.
1. engine off
2. open driver door,
3. with key card in the slot, pless start button 5 times (not to quickly tho)
4. Take card out, get out of car and shut door.
5. press lock button on either the handle or key fob and the car should beeb 3 times to sound that the interior sensors have been turned off.

Works with windows up or down

HTH

Matt

p.s first post on this forum :D

ChrisM
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane CC 1.9Dci and a Pugeot 307 cc 2.0 HDi sport.

Postby ChrisM » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:10 pm

Mine is.
stop engine
remove card from slot, wait for steering lock to operate. as soon as that happens.
with no feet on any pedals.
press start button 5 times.
Get out of car.
either lock with card or press lock button on door handle.
I get 3 beeps which sound like they come from the boot area telling me ultra sonics are disabled.

you have to do this everytime you leave it with the roof off, as the ultra sonics are re-enabled every time the vehicle is locked.

took me a while to get it right!

Toodeep
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: 5 Door Privilege 1.6

Postby Toodeep » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:05 am

impis wrote: At the bottom of the image, it says <7" - and i have absolutely NO idea what this is supposed to mean!!

<7" to me means less than (<) seven seconds (")

tallpaul
Pass Plus

Postby tallpaul » Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:17 pm

that sounds like the same procedure as with the panoramic roofed hatches
52 Megane dCi 120 Dynamique 5dr ● 18" Team Dynamics Pro Comp II ● OEM clear lights ● OEM RenaultSport 225 Front Bumper ● Yellow Fogs ● Black Roof

ChrisM
Advanced Driver

Postby ChrisM » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:46 am

>7" means you basically have upto 7 seconds to complete the button pushing procedure, after that it will not deactivate the sensors. :)

lee00069
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: 2005 megane cc 1.9 DCI

Postby lee00069 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:22 pm

i own 3 megane 2s
1X 2006 megane 1.6 auto
2X 2005 megane 1.6 cc,
what i have noticed is that both the megane cc's do not have the sensor by the rear view mirror so im assuming someone must have added them to your megane cc's . hope that helps

jodanuke
Currently Drives:: Megane cc 2007

Postby jodanuke » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:04 pm

I have tried both those ways of pressing the button 5 times, but I never hear 3 beeps or 4 or or....
So I dont know if the alarm is set with or without the sensors working!

ChrisM
Advanced Driver

Postby ChrisM » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:44 am

2004 CC
stop engine
remove card from slot, wait for steering lock to operate. as soon as that happens.
with no feet on any pedals.
press start button 5 times.
Get out of car.
either lock with card or press lock button on door handle.
I get 3 beeps which sound like they come from the boot area telling me ultrasonics are disabled.

When you press this start button make sure they are 5 good pushes letting the buton come up as well if you are pushing it very quickly the car might miss a push so will not deactivate ultrasonics.

Dead Lock it! not sure on this one I never dead lock with the roof off never really saw the point as it is open anyway via the roof, the dead lock does not affect the imoboliser, I would try it 1st with just normal locking.

3 Beeps to indicate ultrasonics off - these beeps are not very loud for an obvious reason, but they can be heard when close to the driver rear of the vehicle only just mind you so listern out for them.

I do not need to open the door on mine but as soon as the steering lock activates I have to start the 5 press process. it is all a matter of timing.

Lee00069 mentioned a sensor above the mirror if it is on the mirror above the glass and looks like a small clear oval then this is the auto dipping mirror sensor some models have, mine for example has it, this is not anything to do with the security system, your ultrasonics are on the windscreen pillars towards the top look very similar to small microphones.

Hope it hepls you a bit more

Return to “Megane CC”