Locking the car with the roof down.

Information and general chat about the Megane II CC.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

JasonS
Learner Driver

Re: Locking the car with the roof down.

Postby JasonS » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:56 pm

This explains why my alarm always goes off with the roof down...

They should have fitted microwave sensors, not ultrasonics...

Actually I had to laugh, when I bought mine, the previous owners pointed to the ultrasonic sensors and said that the dealer they bought the car from had told them that they were bluetooth microphones...

...but they had never managed to get them to work...
2005 Megane CC Monaco 1.9dci 130

ChrisM
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane CC 1.9Dci and a Pugeot 307 cc 2.0 HDi sport.

Postby ChrisM » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:12 pm

the previous owners pointed to the ultrasonic sensors and said that the dealer they bought the car from had told them that they were bluetooth microphones...

LoL .......just got this vision now of this chap flying down the m56, leaning towards the screen pillar, yelling at the top of his voice at the ultrasonics "I'M ON THE M56!!! HELLO, CAN YOU HEAR ME" these bluetooth microphones are crap! :banghead
Nowt like a good Ex-owner story to give you a laugh!

sputniknick
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: alfa 147, megane cc 1.9

Postby sputniknick » Tue May 03, 2011 3:46 pm

Okay, I've just gone done this myself, mine is a dynamique without the handsfree operation

My cars steering wheel lock had engaged already as I hadn't driven my car since last night so:

1) Got in car and closed doors
2) Put card key into slot
3) Pressed START button for the electrics to come on (my car stereo cd starts playing) - this is to recreate having just driven somewhere and turned engine off but electrics still on
4) Pressed START button 5 times (because the electrics are on, pressing for a fifth time turns them off)
5) Get out of car
6) Lock as normal - I use my card key... I wasn't aware there was any lock on the door to lock manually lol
7) 4 beeps can be heard from somewhere near the rear of the car

I'm sat in my room now posting this whilst the car is on the drive with the roof off and the alarms not gone off yet which it would have done so by now if the above didn't work :)

Oh, I couldn't actually find this in my handbook so thanks forum.

morganjake1544
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Clio 1.5dCi 88 Dynamique Tom Tom 3 door in Oyster Grey Metallic

Postby morganjake1544 » Tue May 03, 2011 5:09 pm

Details of all Renault alarms are in a separate black and white leaflet (A5 size) which you should have got with the rest of the bumph in the handbook pack.
It's not part of the the main handbook because the alarms are not factory fitted (different countries have different alarms so they can't fit a standard alarm at the factory) they are fitted at the import centre either in Southampton or Teeside once the car is in the UK.
Careless dealers, sales staff can mislay this booklet as it is often left lying around inside the car by the fitter at the import centre. Quite a few get chucked out by the valeters as they unwrap and prep the cars for delivery.
:-(
Clio 1.5 dCi 88 Dynamique Tom Tom in Oyster Grey + Twingo GT in Pearl Black on a '58'.

sputniknick
Learner Driver

Postby sputniknick » Tue May 03, 2011 9:26 pm

That'll explain why I don't have one then, when I bought mine off the dealer... all they gave me was the handbook, service book, MOT and two key cards.

cynthia14

Postby cynthia14 » Wed May 18, 2011 10:56 am

The transponder sends signals to the receiver inside the car that receives these signals, detects the code and opens the door. The chances of theft were also reduced because the car can not start without the key. The key has a chip on the plastic head, which is detected by the car and without which it will not start.

auto locksmith Lakewood

jo3yb777
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: 2004 54-Reg Renault Megane 1.6 Dynamique Auto Silver
(SORN'd)

Postby jo3yb777 » Mon May 23, 2011 2:21 am

cynthia14 wrote:The transponder sends signals to the receiver inside the car that receives these signals, detects the code and opens the door. The chances of theft were also reduced because the car can not start without the key. The key has a chip on the plastic head, which is detected by the car and without which it will not start.

auto locksmith Lakewood

:sp
2004 Megane 5-door 1.6 Dynamique

ChrisM
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane CC 1.9Dci and a Pugeot 307 cc 2.0 HDi sport.

Postby ChrisM » Mon May 23, 2011 8:37 am

cynthia14 wrote:
The transponder sends signals to the receiver inside the car that receives these signals, detects the code and opens the door. The chances of theft were also reduced because the car can not start without the key. The key has a chip on the plastic head, which is detected by the car and without which it will not start.

auto locksmith Lakewood

What is the point of getting you inside the car, the security systems are not easily bypassed to allow you to start it anyway, also you can not lock your meg with a key card inside, it unlocks instantly.... so you can't lock your key inside, an awful lot of transponder vehicles are now like this, it stops you locking that key inside, agree with jo3yb777 --SPAM. not a very useful website for the likes of us at all!

morganjake1544
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Clio 1.5dCi 88 Dynamique Tom Tom 3 door in Oyster Grey Metallic

Postby morganjake1544 » Mon May 23, 2011 6:57 pm

jo3yb777, does the front of your Megane really look like that or is it photo-shopped ? Either way I love it !
:-)
Clio 1.5 dCi 88 Dynamique Tom Tom in Oyster Grey + Twingo GT in Pearl Black on a '58'.

sputniknick
Learner Driver

Postby sputniknick » Mon May 23, 2011 7:15 pm

Shame this has gone off topic now

dazza2309

Postby dazza2309 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:50 am

We have a 55 plate model and the way we found that all we have to do is lock the car with the key card only and the alarm sounds 3 times. This seems to work perfect even on the windiest days.

jo3yb777
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: 2004 54-Reg Renault Megane 1.6 Dynamique Auto Silver
(SORN'd)

Postby jo3yb777 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:15 pm

morganjake1544 wrote:jo3yb777, does the front of your Megane really look like that or is it photo-shopped ? Either way I love it !
:-)

its a photoshop of what I'm aiming for lol
its still silver and standard with a broken fog lamp :(
2004 Megane 5-door 1.6 Dynamique

Return to “Megane CC”