looking for help couple of issues

Information and general chat about the Megane II CC.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Tim1961
Currently Drives:: 06 1.6 Coupe

looking for help couple of issues

Postby Tim1961 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:56 pm

HI Guys and Girls

looking for help

I have a 56 plate Coupe, in red, seems to run well holds the road quite nice, the auto box is a bit slow compered to the modern box I have on my other car.

I have a couple of issues I am hoping I can get some help with.

1, where is the auto box filler plug? want to replace the transmission oil.

2, rear windows have just stopped working, I have power to all the switches both in the rear and on the drivers door. When I went to look at the car they were working as I liked the way the rears dropped when the roof was activated. So I would like to know if there is something simple I can look for and whereabouts in the car I need to be looking. just for info fronts work fine and the button on centre console above the hand break is only operating the drivers window. not sure if this is correct, I did wonder if this switch worked all 4 windows at the same time and was activated by hand before and after the roof is operated?

any info would be a great help please. Tim

VroomVroomClonk
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: Megane 1.9 DCi CC 2004

Re: looking for help couple of issues

Postby VroomVroomClonk » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:40 am

A very common cause of window problems is the temic unic attached to each window motor. The temic is the same on all four windows, so I would start by swapping the working unit from your drivers door into each of the rear positions and checking if they start working.
Also, make sure the switch on the drivers door that deactivates the rear windows is working properly.
If you need new temic units, then in a convertible you need genuine ones. There are various aftermarket versions that are OK for saloon models, but they do not work properly with the convertible. I've tried some that specifically state they do work, but they do not.
The two buttons on the centre console should both lower and raise all four windows. The difference is one does the roof and windows, the other just the windows.
This guy repairs temic modules. He has done two for me over the year and they have been perfect -
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RENAULT-MEGA ... SwYVlaLvJP

Tim1961
Currently Drives:: 06 1.6 Coupe

Re: looking for help couple of issues

Postby Tim1961 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:40 pm

Hi Vroom Vroom. thanks for the info. I will make a start there.

Return to “Megane CC”