Panic attack

Information and general chat about the Megane II CC.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Petenic
Currently Drives:: Megane cc

Panic attack

Postby Petenic » Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:37 pm

Hi all , just thought I'd see if anyone has a clue what my cars doing , I've only had it 3 days it's a cc 1.9dci privilege, the owners said it had been stood for 8 mths and they'd had the garage pump fuel through and other than that they'd put a battery on it 6 mths ago , it drove 40 mile home after purchase fine , locked it and when I went back out the hazards were constant flashing and a clicking sound from boot , on inspection it was the alarm siren clicking so disconnected that and the issue stopped . Have used the car probably twice a day but due to lockdown havent been far maybe 2 mile trips then home . Had the roof down a few times as it's new toy so couldnt help it lol. Friday night I reset the service light as it was on , nipped to the shop and came home fine . On Saturday when I started car in the morning it just died after a few seconds and hasnt started since . I get steering lock unlock notice , sometimes passenger airbag and a couple of times just a screen of nonsense symbols that just flash up during trying to start or shutting down . Gutted isnt the word absolutely love the car as I'm not a rich man so it's a nice car to me , the people I bought off have been lovely and offered to help and have even offered to refund and have it recovered but I dont want to put them through that and I dont want to lose the car , because of this lockdown I cant even go and get someone to code read it or buy a battery charger from anywhere as the battery is now on its arse . Please help I dont want to lose my car or be lumbered with a big repair bill during Corona lockdown as not earned a penny in two weeks . Pete . Also just to add the service light was on when I bought the car , also forgot to add that there seems to be no steering lock , you can feel it but It doesnt feel strong enough to hold the lock and if the ignition is on I think or key in when you turn wheel full lock either way it clicks a lot but I dont know if this is just because of another fault that makes it do this .I'm no mechanic

Return to “Megane CC”