Vibration whilst Idling

Information and general chat about the Megane II CC.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

carmad2019
Currently Drives:: VW Tiguan,Astra G&H, Peu 307hdi, VW LT35 campervan, LD Convoy

Vibration whilst Idling

Postby carmad2019 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:07 pm

I have been looking at a 2004 2L petrol Automatic with 54K miles on it. Whilst idling and stationary I can feel a steady vibration throughout the whole car. I even got one of the staff to sit in it and he agreed. When I went to lift the bonnet I could feel the vibration on the front panel too. When I revved it it did not get worse but as soon as the revs settled it was there constant. Anybody any ideas or indeed come across this before?

djandree
Currently Drives:: megane II cc 05 reg, megane II cc 07 reg megane III cc 11 reg

Re: Vibration whilst Idling

Postby djandree » Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:17 pm

carmad2019 wrote:I have been looking at a 2004 2L petrol Automatic with 54K miles on it. Whilst idling and stationary I can feel a steady vibration throughout the whole car. I even got one of the staff to sit in it and he agreed. When I went to lift the bonnet I could feel the vibration on the front panel too. When I revved it it did not get worse but as soon as the revs settled it was there constant. Anybody any ideas or indeed come across this before?

Engine cold or hot? On the park or on neutral? When did you replace air filter?

Return to “Megane CC”