Roof reset

Information and general chat about the Megane II CC.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

billywizz71
Currently Drives:: 2006 megane convertible 1900 dci

Roof reset

Postby billywizz71 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:42 pm

What is the procedure to reset the roof on an 06 megane cc. When I press the roof button all I get is a beep and consult roof handbook message. I’ve heard there is a way of holding down certain buttons for 10 secs or something similar. To top it of I cannot open the boot either using the electric fob or the key either.
Any help or info please ?

ChrisM
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane CC 1.9Dci and a Pugeot 307 cc 2.0 HDi sport.

Re: Roof reset

Postby ChrisM » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:13 pm

Well there is your problem. Find out why your boot won't open and fix it and hey presto the roof will work again at a guess.
Whilst that boot isn't working there is no chance the roof will come off, it must be registering as shut as mine would not start with the boot open. Might even be something as simple as the blind not pulled over.
My 1st instinct would be fix boot and work from there.

billywizz71
Currently Drives:: 2006 megane convertible 1900 dci

Postby billywizz71 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:32 pm

I cannot get in the boot to do check the blind , you cannot get in thru back seats , even my disc cutter is stuck in boot. Is there any way to lift it back manually ? If I can get into boot thru top I can check lock mechanism from inside.
I’m stumped and getting stressed .

Any help

ChrisM
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane CC 1.9Dci and a Pugeot 307 cc 2.0 HDi sport.

Postby ChrisM » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:41 pm

The process you are asking about is in the handbook but if I remember rightly you have to open the boot to manually disengage the locks so not much help there I have never had a boot issue in the 8 years of owning a cc mk2 or the now 2 years with the mark 3 so not sure how you would get in as you say back seat is a no no that's solid it's where your roll over bars are mounted (rear head rests) guessing you have tried your manual lock on the boot you might get to a little but if the wiring for the micro switch if you pop out a number plate lamp there is no way in behind the bumper nor through a rear lamp should you want to sacrifice one.
There must be someone on here that's had the same or a similar issue these cars have been around now since 2003 so I don't believe you are the only one who can't open his boot the problem you have is getting someone to answer you on here actual mechanical knowledge swapping is very thin on the ground here, unfortunately it's always been the same since I joined to many years ago.

Return to “Megane CC”