Limp mode!

Information and general chat about the Megane II CC.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Twig
Currently Drives:: Megane CC

Limp mode!

Postby Twig » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:33 am

Since I bought my Megane CC automatic in 2011 it has mysteriously gone into ‘limp mode’ numerous times, almost always when the engine is cold. I’ve taken it back to the dealers twice and had them charge me several hundred quid to do..well basically nothing.

In the recent cold weather I wasn’t using the car much and the battery went flat. However, the computer thing wasn’t telling me that the battery was flat, it was telling me to put the car in park (which it was already) and then some message about checking the gear box. Anyway, I fully charged the battery and then, because I generally only do short journeys, I topped up the charge every few days. Guess what - no more limp mode.

As limp mode seems to be a common problem, I was wondering whether those who experience it are people who, like me, generally do a lot of short journeys and so maybe the battery runs low? No idea why that should send it into limp mode but it may save people some money if their fix is like mine - put the thing on charge.

Return to “Megane CC”