MK3 cc boot lid

Information and general chat about the Megane II CC.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Seano100
Currently Drives:: Megane cc TomTom dynamic 1.9 dci

MK3 cc boot lid

Postby Seano100 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:07 am

I have bought a MK3 cc with a damaged boot lid. Previously had a mk2 cc and found this group invaluable for help and advice.

Does anyone know of a MK3 breaking? I'm willing to arrange
a courier if the price for the part is right.

I've tried everywhere to get an affordable replacement (local dealer looking £850+vat for a primed one) but no luck so far.

Thanks guys.

ChrisM
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane CC 1.9Dci and a Pugeot 307 cc 2.0 HDi sport.

Re: MK3 cc boot lid

Postby ChrisM » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:12 pm

Have you tried ebay on a search for breaking megane convertible and sift through the cars.....
Good luck though there arnt many around less than you think especially in scrap yards i tried for weeks to get a door check strap for mine with no luck got it sent from Germany in the end at £32.
What do you think of it compared to the mk2 and that boot space ????? It's crap what where they thinking!

Seano100
Currently Drives:: Megane cc TomTom dynamic 1.9 dci

Postby Seano100 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:28 pm

So sorry for the late reply. Logged myself out and couldn't remember my password. Only just got around to resetting it now!

Absolutely no luck at all with the lid. Think I'm gonna have to go down the repair route but it's gonna be a tricky repair for where the damage is. Looking for a reputable body shop in N.I. now who can handle it.

ChrisM. Door check strap? Is that the silver trim running beneath all the side windows? Mine are all bubbling, can't get them either. Will probably have them rubbed down and try to match paint.

Another problem with the car is that the heater blower only works when it decides to do so... Not when I ask it.

I was undecided between the Mégane and a 308cc. Beginning to think I made the wrong choice

ChrisM
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane CC 1.9Dci and a Pugeot 307 cc 2.0 HDi sport.

Postby ChrisM » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:47 pm

Hi Seano
The silver trims you are looking at at the window seal trims i think the check strap is the black or silver flat rod inbetween the door hinges it controls how far the door opens and when it goes you will know about it every time you open and close the door it makes a good awful cracking sound which you can feel through the door and winds your neighbours up at night as it really loud. Quite easy to change flipping expensive to buy, mine came from Germany in the end as it was cheaper than the 70 odd pounds renault wanted down here.
Do you have the fuel zone digital heating system or the 3 big knobs, mine is digital and I wonder if the buttons on it are too flimsy as my driver side temp adjustment rocker has to be pressed rather hard to make it work and I've noticed when it's cold i can't change car temp until car has warned up a bit all quite odd...
It's a nice car drives well pulls harder than my old mk2 cc not as economical boot was bigger and more useful in the mk2 and the karmen roof was much better quality than this webasto one (same people make the Vw eos roof) parts seem to be expensive.
As for the 308cc i don't know we have a 307cc which is my wife's on an 07 plate it's behaved itself ok apart from a turbo fail, the next one for her will be a 308cc Rolland gaross i think at 160bhp should be great fun this 07 one she has now is 138bhp and is a real flying machine, so quick.
Good luck with your boot lid i would still keep trying eBay for damaged cc and findapart.com as well you never know. :cool:

Return to “Megane CC”