Rear window Temic issues

Information and general chat about the Megane II CC.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

RoddersUK

Rear window Temic issues

Postby RoddersUK » Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:16 pm

Hi all

So I replaced the Temic switch for the rear window with one I bought on Ebay, which is a Sacer SA500.
The window direction of travel is reversed, and I've followed the badly translated instructions in the Sacer leaflet that came with the Temic to try to reverse the direction, but to no avail. I've tried another Temic also.
Has anyone had this issue and managed to resolve it - I'm wondering whether the disconnect the battery to reset the electronics maybe? From the wording in the leaflet it looks like reverse travel is an almost expected condition. just a shame the instructions to fix it don't seem to work.

Also, we just bought the car, and it looks like the previous owner cut the green wire to the plug - anybody know why that might have been done?

Thanks in advance

Rod

alex3025
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: Renault Megan cc 1.6 black with black leather

Re: Rear window Temic issues

Postby alex3025 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:33 pm

Had the same problems with my cc but I just lived with it it ended up burning out the motor so I had to replace the whole unit

sandman0705
Currently Drives:: Megane cc 1.5 dci, megane hatchback 1.5dci

Postby sandman0705 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:02 pm

Hi, I tried an ebay temic and had same issue...wrong direction, they also will not open/close with roof...there appears to be no option but to get a 2nd hand original temic (this is what I did), it now works fine.

ChrisM
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane CC 1.9Dci and a Pugeot 307 cc 2.0 HDi sport.

Postby ChrisM » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:52 pm

I had this from an ebay repair service.
I mounted my motor on the other side of the regulator, so it pulled in the right direction looked a bit odd but it went in ok and worked perfectly... :driving

banksee
Currently Drives:: Megane coupe cabriolet 1.9 diesel, Dynamique

Postby banksee » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:19 pm

Hi Rod
Just read your post because I’ve got a rear motor that doesn’t work , anyway I’ve seen posts about the reverse problem and have you tried opening the window and keep the button pressed for about 20 secs then the motor should reverse. This is what I’ve seen on line

ChrisM
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane CC 1.9Dci and a Pugeot 307 cc 2.0 HDi sport.

Postby ChrisM » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:59 pm

Sorry that's a new one on me, did it work?
I would rather doubt it you don't even have to reset the rear windows off the button like you do with the fronts so can't see holding a button up will do anything for the rears.
Plus if this was so, the repair services would not ask which side it is (not that it makes a difference, as you get what it given)

Return to “Megane CC”