Front seat removal on a 2007 Megane CC

Information and general chat about the Megane II CC.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

telfraser
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane 2007 cab

Front seat removal on a 2007 Megane CC

Postby telfraser » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:21 am

I have a 2007 CC and am doing an upgrade could anyone here tell me how to remove the front seats so I can replace them - thank you in advance

ChrisM
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane CC 1.9Dci and a Pugeot 307 cc 2.0 HDi sport.

Re: Front seat removal on a 2007 Megane CC

Postby ChrisM » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:24 pm

Relatively simple.
1st open door push latch over with a screwdriver to fein door closed walk away with card and let car go to sleep leave card in house away from car.
You can now remove seat two large toex in back runner push seat forward to get them then push it right back to get to front ones once out tilt seat back and disconnect seat plug and out it comes. Fitting is reverse.
do not use the door handle to pull door open it will activate the door latch and wake up car in which case u will have to repete door lock process with sscrewdriver and wait again.
All this is done with battery still connected once seat is in just get ur card again and pull door handle to open the latch and car is live again.
Done this a couple of times with mine.

telfraser

Postby telfraser » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:49 pm

Thank you will try this today

ChrisM
Advanced Driver

Postby ChrisM » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:25 pm

Excellent its easy enough to do just makw sure car is asleep as its not advisable to mess with airbag plugs whilst car is awake I forgot to say but hope it was obvious once you have flipped the door latch into locked position don't plip it with card you dont want security system awake justpush door to and leave it won't close on pillar catch as you have already pushed it into lock position. Hope that was obvious.

telfraser

Postby telfraser » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:15 pm

I moved to Australia two years ago and purchased my 2007 CC - Renaults apart from Vans have very little resale value in Australia so I got it for about 2000 pounds - remember cars are expensive in Australia compared to UK though fuel and taxes are much cheaper. I recently purhased a wrecked 2006 model for parts - bonnet, trims, seats and the centre consul. Everything went smoothly even the seats which I thought would be an issue. I did the door thing that was recommended but I also disconnected the battery. If anyone does it - when you reconnect the battery one alert will pop up but ignore that as once you drive the vehicle it will disappear. Thank you for the assist. I doubt I will ever sell the renault its a great car to drive - I was going to buy an SLK am so glad I didn't.

ChrisM
Advanced Driver

Postby ChrisM » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:12 pm

Excellent. If you where going to disconnect the battery you didn't have to do the door lock thing, the door lock thing just allows you to remove seats whilst the vehicle is "live" but asleep but its done now so nice one. At least in oz you are guaranteed plenty of roof off driving unlike the UK where you have to take it when you can.
You may occasionally get an air bag light on usually coincides with a front seat moved cause is Renault not quite having enough slack in the under seat cables if this happens switch off car simply reach under seat and squeeze the plug together under the seat re start car and air bag light gone out use to happen to my 04 cc all the time usually on the passenger side after letting someone in back.
Keep your roof seals clean and lubed, VW's krytox although expensive is brilliant run a little bead along seal massage in then leave roof off for a couple of hours that's the most important bit as this is when the seals "plump" up. Excellent stuff.

telfraser

Postby telfraser » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:09 pm

Thanks for that - lucky for me there is a bit of slack in the wires - good advice about the roof seals - biggest problem in Australia is parts - not many convertibles sold here.

Return to “Megane CC”